TN: 2006 Cadence Bel Canto Cara Mia Vineyard

• 2006 Cadence Bel Canto Cara Mia Vineyard - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Red Mountain (5/13/2018)
    Decanted 2 hrs. Library release from Cadence and this being the first vintage of BC from the estate vineyard (3rd leaf) it was a real treat to have this last night. All kinds of love on the nose - spices and rose petals with a subtle earthy underbelly. I would describe the palate as tasting ‘sweet’ but certainly not jammy nor any sign of being over ripe, transitions quickly to un sweetened baking chocolate and soil over tones, but great balance and very well put together. Should hold steady for a few years at least. Approx 50 / 50 merlot cab franc. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Just reviewed this and our impressions are very similar.

The 2011 is even better.

Yes, I’m positive Ben Smith would agree with the virtues of the last really cool vintage that was 2011. 2012 - 2017 was simply hot, hotter, or hottest and take your pick. Yet, he manages to always coax out great efforts irrespective of vintage conditions. While I haven’t had the 11, 2013 is far and away my favorite Cadence vintage of the last decade. Glad you liked them too William.

Dale–find some 2011. Makes one wish for bad summer weather or at least a major cooling trend. Best year for a number of washington wineries with savvy winemakers. Not sure if Ben would sell you any of what he has, but it must be available out there somewhere.

Warmly seconded. Great for Betz, Andrew Will, Cayuse and plenty of others. But you had to be diligent and work hard.

Have had the 2006 Bel Canto twice. Once in a blind setting and once tasting with Ben last summer. I agree with your assessments. Ben said 2011 was his favorite vintage of Bel Canto and was gracious enough to sell me a couple. I tasted the 13s as well during the visit and, for my palate, were the best wines I have tasted from Cadence. The few 14’s tasted were great too, especially the Camerata. IMHO Cadence is one of the absolute best values in high end domestic wine.