Have you taken a Disney Cruise lately and dined at Palo? Help me pick a wine.

We are heading off on a Disney Cruise tomorrow and I will be dining with my wife at Palo. When it comes to Italian wines, I know next to nothing. I would have posted a pic of the list, but the most recent one I could find was 2 years old and I know that is out of date. Have you dined there recently? Is there anything you can recommend?

For your reference, my palate matches Alfert’s. I like old school left bank Bordeaux, stinky Loire, and Cru BoJo.

Ian,

Not to sidestep your question, but I would consider a wine pairing if they have it. My wife and I dined at Remy last summer and did the pairing (she chose American and I chose French). The somm did a great job matching and explaining, which made the experience even better.

Have fun on the cruise!

Tom

I cannot help you, Ian. I have done what I could to refine, shape and mold your palate into a lovely vision of mine. I now must cast you adrift . . . . A cruise, I can never do. The thought makes me wanna hurl.

And PS. Don’t you dare take my Trotanoy on that ship!

PPS. Can you BYOB?

We have done Remy, I did the wine pairing and I thought the wines were great. However, I was left wanting a few more ounces on nearly every pour. I was afraid of the same thing at Palo.

Ah ha! Great idea. I can BYOB and a 2012 Trotanoy sounds great!

Yes, I can BYOB, but I cannot pack it in the luggage, it has to be hand carried on. Then I am stuck with a bottle of wine in my carry on until our room is ready. And since we will probably hang out on the pool deck, in 90 degree weather, in the sunshine, I figured it would easier to just not worry about carrying it on board.

What is a cruise?

Driving around looking for girls.

Um…i “carried on” two full winechecks last year…

Lol, this is Disney and Ian!!! Mr. Family Guy! :wink:

I actually dined there last year. If you can BYOB go ahead and do it. I just left my wines in my luggage and it was fine.
If you want to buy a wine, just talk with the somm. I got to know ours pretty well. They are pretty knowledgeable so I would have no problem trusting their recs.