Some Wineries Get It...and Some Are Clueless/Rant #271

Last week, out of the blue, arrived this magnum of the
new Massican annia '17. Huh?? I didn’t order this! Turns out it was a gift for my long-time support of Massican wines (followed 'em from the very start, I did). A very nice and thoughtful gesture. Dan Petroski gets it, clearly.

My two cases of Cedarville arrived last week. On the invoice was a hand-written note thanking me for my support over the yrs. Susan & Jonathan get it, clearly.

My case of Harrington arrived several weeks ago. On the invoice was a hand-written note thanking me for my order and asking me to let him know my take on the wines. Bryan gets it, clearly.

Tom

Got a hand written thank you card in the mail yesterday from Cody and Emily Rasmussen of Desire Lines Wine Co. they get it too!

This seems to be the place to give some love to Larkmead, who does not get a lot of love from WBers. I ordered 3 LMV salon feom their Spring release. I asked if they could put it in a wooden box, as has been done in some vintages in the past. This 2015 vintage was not offered in 3 pack wooden boxes. I asked if they had anything laying around, and I could repackage it myself. I received a wood boxed 3 pack, custom produced, hand inked on the box with the data that would have been printed with a general release, and a hand-written note thanking me for my purchase of the one and only 2015 LMV boxed 3 pack.

Cool, free wine! But as you do review thousands of wines a year, perhaps it is a “review” bottle like that sent to critics? [wink.gif]

Nope, Markus…if it was a “review” btl sent me in hopes of getting a good review, it wouldn’t be a magnum.
Besides, it came w/ my Massican shipment that already had 4 btls of the annia in it. Dan knows that I almost always put
up TN’s on his wines eventually, as do some other winemakers.
It was just a kind/generous/heart-felt gesture I felt.

I don’t regard myself as a wine-critic and don’t “review” wines. I just like to taste a lot of wines for my own
pleasure and share those impressions w/ my friends.
Tom