Going to the Finger Lakes (Seneca)

My wife and I are going with friends to Seneca for a winery tasting tour. Any recommendations on some wine (dry) to bring home? I’m looking for both value early drinkers and also age worthy cellar selections.

here is a result from a search of existing threads.
You should fine useful info in them.
As you will see it is a well discussed topic.

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/search.php?keywords="finger+lakes"&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

A few of our favorites are Herman J. Wiemer and Ravines on the west side, Bloomer Creek and Damiani on the east side.

this is a good list. If you’re a fan of old time cocktails and very reasonably priced Burg’s and you want some fantastic eats make it to Krebs in Skaneateles. The fact that the owner donates all profits to Charity ($100K per annum minimum), is icing on the cake. Really good people.

Just recently learned about Krebs. On our to do list.

Wiemer

In the past I’ve always liked Anthony Road and Red Tail Ridge. As with any winery some wines you’ll like and others not.

AR and Fox run have some good [Along with some not so good]

Hermann is the best

Element winery makes some terrific wines. Christopher Bates is a Master Somm and operates a number of eateries in the area under the FLX brand. FLX Wienery is no run of the mill hot dog stand. On my way back from Rochester on a Friday there was a line out the door that circled the building.

In addition to the already mentioned producers I found dry versions at
J.R. Dill
Leidenfrost
Cant remember pricing but would suspect them being priced as value drinkers. Enjoy your trip and report back.

Enjoy your trip! Not sure which week you are coming, but it is (finally) spring here!

Dano’s Heuriger is a great place for dinner.

Or for lunch.