TN: Arkenstone 2014 Sauvignon Blanc Howell mountain

TN Arkenstone 2014 Sauvignon blanc Howell
Mountain- massive bottle, very pale yellow, really quite remarkable nose of ripe citrus- mostly grapefruit some orange rind with hints of ginger and vanilla caramel- smells delicious- in the mouth broad and round and rich and somewhat waxy and a touch bitter- almost white Rhône-esque in fact

Love the nose prefer more zip though

Interesting I just had this same bottle :slight_smile: Along with the Merry Edwards 2016. The Arkenstone 2014 is better, however the Merry Edwards is VERY well made just in a different style. The Arkenstone is more complex.

Put it on ice and it’s much better a little colder- initial note was at cellar temp 55-60

ok, yes I had it at cellar temp

Haven’t heard of them before . . . but I love the name.

Pricey for Sauvignon blanc but quite good- their cabs and Syrah really quite nice as well

The Arkenstone is in the same league as the Realm Fidelio. Arkenstone is more complex, the Fidelio has much better nose. Both are excellent SB’s. The Merry Edwards is also very well made but different style.

I love the Arkenstone SB…it has some Semillon blended in that differentiates it from many of the other California SB’s and gives it more of a Bordeaux feel. Also for what it’s worth…very nice people