Wine Store Recommendations in Spain

We will be in Spain for our yearly visit in a few weeks and have decided that, rather than carry a large number of wines with us, we would like to explore having some delivered to our rental house in Galicia. Can anyone recommend a few stores we could look at? We’d love to find older vintages of Spanish wines but that isn’t a must - just well priced, strong list, and will ship.

Thanks in advance!!

Sarah

https://www.vilaviniteca.es/en/

If Barcelona is not part of your trip, they ship wine.

I second the recommendation for Vila Vineteca. I was in Barcelona last fall and picked up a bottle of 1983 Bodegas Riojanas Rioja Monte Real Gran Reserva for something like 40-50 Euros. They had a bunch of aged Trophy wines as well (Vega Sicilia, Bordeaux, Champagne). Surprisingly, they also had a fairly large selection of high end/rare U.S. wines (Cayuse, Harlan). Looking at Spanish wines specifically, they had a ton of riojas from 2004/2005 at 20-25 Euros a bottle. The jamon and cheese selection from their store across the street is also incredible.

+1 on Vini Vinoteca (but I only tasted/drank there with good jamon and lomo embutido, and so don’t know about ability to ship).

In any case, I remember when visiting LdH at Haro and doing tasting at their tasting room, given that the wines were 1/3 or even 1/4 the US prices, I jokingly mentioned that I wish I can buy many bottles and not worry about carrying them back. Our tasting guide said they will ship anywhere that’s legal and can do so in our final destination hotel in Barcelona in case we don’t want to lug around purchased bottles as we continue our travels.

I suspect that those other wineries we visited in the vicinity (La Rioja Alta and Muga) can do the same.

Thanks everyone, very helpful!