Myriad Georges III 2016 offering

Offering goes live tomorrow. Anyone buying?

Price has increased from $98 to $125 this year, I believe, and the Empyrean has increased from $125 to $150.

Any idea as to why such a significant price increase?

I’m sure there’s a Beckstoffer price floor in place. It’s always a great wine and worth whatever it costs.

No idea. The links on the “save the date” email that are supposed to give the professional reviews disappear behind a paywall. So I don’t know what Jeb Dunnuck says about them. But now I see Round Pond and Stag’s Leap cabs I didn’t know about, so that’s cool.

Eric, I think you’re probably right—I figured it was likely due to a Beckstoffer minimum price. Thanks.

My purchase window opened last week and I can verify that the cabs were $125 and $150 (and the 2 semillons were $26). While these are more expensive than the non-Beckstoffer Myriad cabs, and more than they were last year, they still cost less than many other cabs of similar quality. These are the top Myriad bottlings, and to me, worth splurging on.

The only ‘16 Cab review Jeb has up is the DRC Elysian.

I bet the Empyrean will sell out in the first few hours. I’d jump on it if you are even remotely thinking about it.

Rarely do I regret making a purchase. Regret for me usually happens when I don’t buy!

Order in!

Wouldnt the Dr Crane be considered the top bottling ?

I would assume so since Myriad doesn’t have a BTK bottling.

The Dr. Crane is certainly my favorite!!!

This may be off-topic (or worthy of it’s own thread) but at what point do you hold off purchasing a wine because the price has increased too high, too fast?

If they do it one more time? [cheers.gif]

There are wines where I have hit that point and quietly ridden off into the sunset. Which is fine, once that price point hits, they obviously no longer need me. I’m still OK with this offering. If it’s another 25 next year, I think I would put it in my rear view mirror.

Order in for 3 of the G3 and 2 of the E.

Based on how amazing the 15 G3 was, and how 16 is said to be a better vintage, I could justify the cost bump. Allocations were way lower this year so I assume that’s part of the cost bump too.

Don’t they always say each vintage is better than the last? I think 2015 in Napa will be known for its concentration due to drastically lower yields and the number of heat spikes that occurred. If you’re into that style of wine then 2015 would fit your bill well. On the other hand, 2016 I’ve read is a more balanced and “classic” Napa vintage which was strong in all aspects.

I would put the Dr. Crane up there with the 2 George III cabs. For point of reference, the 2016 Dr. Crane sold for $125. I was referring to the non-Beckstoffer Myriad cabs, as my point was that these are definitely more expensive than those, but not as expensive as other top Napa cabs. Sorry if my comment was confusing.

Allocations are lower because they don’t want it to sell out in a couple hours and turn into the shitstorm they had last time. The guaranteed allocations were last week, thus week is tier one and after that open to new buyers.

Guaranteed allocations? Slowly, I turned. Step by step…

How do they make ends meet with this guaranteed allocations stuff?

That’s a week of holding stock on hand while people decide if they are going to buy, or not! This can’t be allowed to stand.

In for 2 GIII Empyrean. These go quick…

Hey brian - I thought allocations started this week? Allocations this week is tier 2 then i guess?