Give me your screaming good under $20 red or white every day wine

And I’ll give you mine:

Accornero’s 2013 Barbera del Monferrato ‘Giulin’ ($16)

I defy you to not like this wine. I opened it along with a bottle of 2000 Smith Haut Laffite, 1998 Beaucastel, 1994/1999 Grand Puy Lacoste, and a 1998 Chapoutier Hermitage la Sizeranne over the weekend. It held its own and then some.

The SHL was good but a bit hot. The Beaucastel was drinking great from 375ML. The 1994 GPL had a pronounced menthol note that was Aussie-like and a bit odd but otherwise good. The 1999 GPL was much more solid. The Sizeranne, which I’ve had at least a dozen times, was (shockingly) better than ever (I was never really a big fan of this).

Back to the Barbera – very high yum factor for current drinking and a smoking great value.

Cheers.

2015 Bastide miraflores, 2015 lantides moschofilero

If one likes New World, Charles Smith’s “CS” cab at $13 is not manipulated. I liked it.

+1 for the LaFage Bastide, both 2015 and even 2014

But knowing what your tastes were, I don’t think it will fit your liking. [cheers.gif]

no.

I have a lot of favorites, most not widely distributed. Recent ones I have liked:

Chateau Platon Bordeaux
Domaine du Cros Marcillac Lo Sang del Pais
Folk Machine Parts & Labor (or just about anything else from Folk Machine)
Chinon from Baudry, Gasnier
Domaine Filliatreau Saumur
Domaine Guion Bourgueil
Muscadet from Domaine de la Pepiere or Domaine de la Louvetrie (among others)
Raventos Cava
Pertimali Prosecco (from Livio Sassetti) and Bisson Prosecco
Lambrusco from Lini or Chiarli (among others)
Bera Moscato or Arcese
Peter Lauer Barrel X
In the Finger Lakes, pretty much anything from Ravines or Weimer that meets the price point, and selectively from others.

Sigalas Assyrtiko
Hatzidakis Assyrtiko
Argyros Assyrtiko

Most of those will be over $20; I think the Atlantis would be nice.

Pepiere

How much is Terre Nere Rosso a bottle in America?, it is roughly 20usd a bottle down here in NZ

Cameron WV Pinot
Cameron DH Chardonnay
Goodfellow WV Chardonnay
Costco DOCG Chianti Classico
Santa Cruz Mtn Vineyards Bobcat
Sones Cellars White Hedgehog (amazing at $10)
Navarro (Table Wine) Chardonnay
Most anything from Mark LaFage
Muscadette
Clos La Chance Merlot
Tommasi Maremma Toscana Poggio al Tufo Rompicollo
Literally anything from Viano Vineyards (They dont make a single bottle over $16 and its 100% estate fruit)
Bedrock Syrah
Bedrock Zin
Bedrock SheBang!

You would be surprised. Well, maybe not that surprised, but surprised. I do like this wine. Dan Posner offered some not too long ago and I bit. We should get together sometime…

Cheers,
Jim

Very good choice and yes, it’s under $20 here.

Goddarnit yes

I’d also add:

Gaia Thalassitis Assyrtiko
Art Space Assyrtiko
Koutsoyannopoulos Ksera Homata Assyrtiko

pretty close to that. Ive found their brunello for just over $20 and its awesome but never found the rosso, but imagine it would be good as well

Most Greco di Tufo will ring up in the high teens

Palacios Pétalos Bierzo is awesome as well

Same as every year. Whatever the new vintage of Henri Boillot ‘Bourgogne Blanc’ is. On pre-sale it comes in just under $20 and is delicious.

I used to have a decent list of these values, but it seems like prices have hedged up a bit, now $25 is more than norm unless I catch a sale.

Some solid $20 and under wines buy in most years:

Baudry Les Granges
Chave Mon Coeur
Bedrock Old Vine Zin
Raats Jasper Cab franc

Some solid whites:

Peter Lauer X
Pepeire bottlings
Raats Chenin Blanc

How about a couple of ten buckers -

CHATEAU D’OUPIA - 2016 Les Hérètiques “l’Herault” - $10-$12
Old Vine Carignane - really soft, spicy and totally delicious
AZIENDA AGRICOLA ILAURI - 2016 Trebbiano d’Abruzzo - $10-$11
Yikes is this good, fresh & juicy Trebbiano -

NV Two Mountain Winery Hidden Horse Red Rattlesnake Hills (WA)

This is a rock-solid NV red that is usually a Cab-dominant Bordeaux-style blend that’s around $15-$18. I like that this is a very consistent bottling from them, year-to-year. The best part: really outstanding people at the winery.