TN: 2002 St. Innocent Seven Springs PN

A Wow OR PN. Cellared since release and in peak form. A very pretty nose of mushroom, red fruit, cardamon and spice glides thru my nostrils. Flavors echo the nose with an extra kick of the spices. Brilliant acidity keeps the finish going. Light to medium bodied and a real treat to drink. Volnay like. Drink now, I cannot imagine this wine getting better. My PN of the year to date.

Glenn: completely agree. I loved all the 2002 St. Innocent PNs, but yes the Seven Springs is special. Haven’t tried one in about 12 months, but it’s time. Thanks for the note and the reminder.

St Innocent is a great winery. i’ve had a few of their decade plus wines and all have been fantastic.

I’ve had so many hits & misses with St. Innocent. Some great wines…and some that just left me scratching my head. Back in 2013 I opened a 2002 Freedom Hill and was just crushed when it seemed like it wasn’t going to taste like Pinot Noir as it was all dark-fruited and over-extracted. Maybe I just needed to hold onto it for another 5 years?

I had 2 Freedom Hill 02’s over the last 2 years. They were very good.

my only Freedom Hill I’ve had was an 08 that I hated for the same reason on night 1, so I actually kind of forgot about it for about a week, and when I revisited it was really fantastic and very classic Pinot Noir. probably a different beast than an 02 but for what its worth.