TN: 08 William Fevre Preuses

first wine in a week and it is super. Great drive and energy, intense lemon zest and green apple, menthol and a touch of mint, incredibly vibrant still young Chablis. The intensity on the palate is almost painful, really fills the mouth.

Sounds really good Alan. Dont think I have any 08s left but do have some 06 Clos…interesting to see how that it is looking.
As an aside, Chablis sales have really taken off in Oz in the last 12 months - many of my distributors are completely sold out of Chablis. QPR Chablis may be athing of the past.

don’t know if you guys get la Chablisienne but it’s a real value in Chablis—look for it. Prices are jumping here also.

My last 08 Fevre les Clos about a couple months ago was also really good. Young with plenty of body with lots of life left

La Chablissienne is available here but have never bitten. Just ordered Jean Dauvissat and Domaine Garnier to sample as prices quite good.
Tried to order more Christian Moreau and Moreau-Naudet during the week … all gone.
As for Raveneau, R & V Dauvissat …dream on.

Just picked up a doz Chablisienne Lechet cheap… better be good :wink:

That sounds like about perfect Chablis, Alan.

Kent, I have not tried Jean Dauvissat’s Preuses, but the domaine’s Vaillons VV is a good one to look for. A bottle of the 2008 recently was exceptional. The 2012 is the current vintage. (I sell it).

Martin,
No Grand Crus in the offer - 16 vintage FWIW. Went for Fourchaume, Montmains and AC.

Prices only continue to climb for the better producers. As much as I love it…it’s getting harder and harder to pull the trigger on wines above $75 that have such a high PREMOX rate.

Fevre uses DIAM 10 on their Grand Crus since 2010 I believe, for what that’s worth.

Thanks Alan. I tasted the '08s at Fevre on a trip with John Gilman right after they were bottled, and they were some of the most exciting and impressive young chablis I’ve ever tasted. They blew Raveneau away on that day - we tasted there later in the day. I’ve been so saddened at the rates of premox on such promising wines. It’s good to hear some bottles are still fulfilling that promise.