Shipping French wine by air. Is it safe?

I am having some wine come cross country next week. I do get several air shipments from Cali wineries each year and have never had a problem. Several years ago I received some DRC sent by air and there was obvious leakage. I have since insisted on ground and have not had a problem. If the fills are very high can the liquid expand enough to do that or can it get that hot in the luggage area?

How does French wine make it to the US via ground? Is there a special highway crossing the Atlantic solely for wine shipping purposes?

Yes
DBAC1893-F1C4-4408-86B5-BDDB013266F3.jpeg

Just a coincidence. I’ve shipped wine cross country. Cross Atlantic. No leakage.

Charlie thanks.

Joe, nice picture

I’ve had a few French bottles filled all the way to the cork with almost no air at all. Pycm and raveneau come to mind. Not sure if that has anything to do with it? Didn’t keep me from packing them in the suitcase and flying them back.

I once had 1200 bottles air freighted to me from Italy to the States. No leakers.

kzw1_2b-I7A

I prefer reefer via ocean.

Would be awesome to photoshop some DRC labels onto the containers on that ship :slight_smile:!