TN: 2011 Ceritas Costalina Pinot Noir

Wow is this good. Popped and poured. Nuanced and delicious, cherries and raspberries. Excellent acid/fruit balance, a wine to sip and marvel at how good it is. Not a wine to drink quickly, it deserves to be savored.

Bill, I drank my last one of these a few weekends ago. I was really looking forward to it, actually had made an intention to save and open it to share and so when that time popped up, I grabbed the bottle and took it to a small gathering. For a wine I really raved about earlier on and a few years back, I found the recent bottle to be a bit flat and boring to me. It didn’t have the electricity or thrill it once did and I think it’s kind of thematic to how a # of 2011s are just not standing up over time as I thought they could.

I offer my TN as a counterpoint, as you certainly liked your bottle, and I just wish I had found the same recent experience.

Frank,

Interesting you didn’t find it as exciting as previous bottles. Mine was better than past bottles! No great wines, just great bottles…

Bill

Thank you Gents for posting this. I purchased three bottles on release and tasted one then, just remembering how wound up it was. I’ve been holding out on opening mine as I prefer older pinots. Do you think this one will make another 5 years?

I thought that wine absolutely rocked in its youth, and then pulled back a bit.

-Al

I really liked this wine when a few of us tasted with John Raytek back in 2013:
Visit to Ceritas with John Raytek, June 2013
As you probably know, this was the only Pinot that Ceritas released in 2011 - not an easy vintage.

Yes, I would be shocked if it wasn’t still good in five years.