Patricia Green Cellars - 100pts!

Not that folks here are pt chasers, but great work none the less… Congrats Jim/PGC crew…

Email from PGC:

Salvador Dali said, “Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.” This is, of course, quite true. Many wineries around the world seem to chase the illusion of perfection that exists within our business. The 100 point score. Fortunes have been spent on this endeavor, and generally when this (still relatively rare) score is bestowed, the wine comes at a price that is dear. Wineries around the world that have received this score are a veritable who’s-who in the wine world.

Well, now there is a Willamette Valley winery to add to the list and…it is us. That’s right. On April 16, 2018 one of the few national publications of note in the wine world, The Wine Enthusiast, dropped a 100 point score on one of our wines.

Wine Enthusiast: 100Pts: Patricia Green Cellars 2016 Estate Vineyard, Bonshaw Block Pinot Noir (Ribbon Ridge). "This 100% Pommard clone wine from a 1990 planting is immensely deep, dark and textural, with complex aromas that instantly draw one in. Its compact berry, plum jam and baking spice scents come with underlying mineral and earth notes. It hits the palate with a powerfully woven matrix of lush flavors: blueberry, plum, cherry, chocolate, butterscotch and toasted coconut. It’s thick, supple and lingering—an ethereal and extraordinary wine.” Editors’ Choice Paul Gregutt

“It’s an honor. It is very nice. Truly. A 100 point Oregon Pinot Noir was likely inevitable but it is nice that it is somehow our wine, from our Estate Vineyard, from the one block we initially bottled separate from the other Estate wines. This wine is absolutely a product of a team effort over many years. From all the people who have worked in the vineyard turning this site into a great vineyard, to the people who worked harvest in 2016 sorting the fruit, pigeaging the fermenter and pressing the wine. Over the years, hundreds of decisions and actions were brought to bear on this piece of our vineyard and to this specific fruit by literally scores if not hundreds of individuals. All of them played a role in this wine being seen this way.” - Jim Anderson

Wow, amazing!

The Patricia Green Berserkers’ Cuvee was given 102 points!

First? I’ve been giving 100 point scores to PGC wines for years [wink.gif]

Not bad, for an anthropologist! champagne.gif

The downside is that this wine, by definition, cannot get any better!

So drink it now!

I must say the 2013 Bonshaw is also very tasty!! [welldone.gif]

Too few people are going to get why that is truly funny.

FIFY! :wink:

It’s just you and me, amigo!

A hearty congratulations, as well!

[cheers.gif]

So badass! Big time congratulations to Jim and crew!

What wonderful news! Congratulations!

Congrats to Jim and the team at PGC. Great to see the recognition.

I’m not a Pinot guy, but this sounds pretty interventionist to me:

“It hits the palate with a powerfully woven matrix of lush flavors: blueberry, plum, cherry, chocolate, butterscotch and toasted coconut. It’s thick, supple and lingering”.

What’s the oak regime?

Congratulation Jim and to all the folks at Patty Green.

Ha! That wine had basically nothing done to it other than a relatively small tartaric addition in fermenter. Shit, it was up 4 high in the barrel stacks. I probably did not taste it until the summer of last year. That’s just the block doing its thing. 1 new barrel, 1 one year barrel, 1 two year barrel.

I got it. Well played.

A certain patriot will also get it, and assuming he reads the thread will surely (finally) buy some of Jim’s wines. [dash1.gif]

Mazel Tov, but you couldn’t get 101 points?

Hey Jim, congrats! Many years ago I met you at PGC with Bob Wolfe and a small group, and then we had a nice dinner in Portland. Not long ago I drank your 2008 “Estate”, which was delicious with grilled salmon.

Apparently I am one of the philistines who doesn’t get the joke. Care to fill us in?

Thanks. Glad you visited.

Oh, in the Politics forum in a thread about employment another board member said my college degree was useless because anthropology is a worthless (non-revenue generating) major. It went on and on from there. Anton was one of the people that had a counter point of view (to say the least) to this other person.

Speaking of philistines, how a propos!

This history major wonders, however, how a comment like that even deserves the dignity of a response. If that is the mindset, I suspect persuasion would be a thankless task.