Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
User avatar
Sh@n A
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 411
Joined: July 9th, 2018, 8:21 am

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#451 Post by Sh@n A » November 30th, 2018, 11:29 am

What are these "Les Drazeys"? 2015 village in Chambolle for $45...
/ @ g r @ \

YLee
Posts: 183
Joined: September 20th, 2018, 8:09 am

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#452 Post by YLee » November 30th, 2018, 11:45 am

Grands Echezeaux
Clos St Denis
Domaine du Duc de Magenta Chassagne Montrachet 1er Morgeot
-Yong

Mich@el Ch@ng
Posts: 1444
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#453 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » November 30th, 2018, 2:08 pm

Got a sampler of four single bottles, corton, baudes, sentiers, and grand epenots.

User avatar
Frank Murray III
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7019
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm
Location: South OC

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#454 Post by Frank Murray III » November 30th, 2018, 4:14 pm

Mr Michael Chang, when Santa asks me what I want for XMAS this year, I will tell him I want Michael Chang's wine budget.

Dude, thread after thread, you're a buyer. I don't know where you store it all but you may need a bigger house. Love the passion, man.
My best wines of 2018:
2013 Vilmart & Cie Champagne Premier Cru Grand Cellier d'Or
2015 Kutch Sonoma Coast PN
2017 Kutch Falstaff Sonoma Coast PN
2012 Marguet Père et Fils Champagne La Grande Ruelle Ambonnay
2012 Savart Expression Nature Ecueil
2010 Tercero Verbiage (Rouge) Santa Barbara County

Kindness matters.

YLee
Posts: 183
Joined: September 20th, 2018, 8:09 am

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#455 Post by YLee » November 30th, 2018, 4:23 pm

I told him I will help him drink but he never sent an invite. Lol
-Yong

Mich@el Ch@ng
Posts: 1444
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#456 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » November 30th, 2018, 7:15 pm

I tend to buy pretty broadly from these offers, not too deeply, unless it’s something I drink a lot of like the rl Legras that was posted recently that I grabbed a few cases of. Probably about a case to case and a half a month from envoyer judging on the 8 cases that were just delivered from the last 6 mo.

User avatar
Dale Bowers
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3720
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 9:44 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#457 Post by Dale Bowers » December 3rd, 2018, 10:56 am

Has anyone else's account suddenly not listing any of your past purchases?
Cheers!

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 29809
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#458 Post by Neal.Mollen » December 3rd, 2018, 11:10 am

Dale Bowers wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 10:56 am
Has anyone else's account suddenly not listing any of your past purchases?
I find their website so buggy and unpleasant to use I never go there. If you email Terry he'll send you a list.
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 17286
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 12:54 am
Location: westside

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#459 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » December 3rd, 2018, 11:34 am

Dale Bowers wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 10:56 am
Has anyone else's account suddenly not listing any of your past purchases?
If you would have asked me this yesterday, my answer would have been "No." As for today: workplace firewall prevents me from checking.
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

User avatar
ChrisU
Posts: 101
Joined: March 11th, 2014, 12:13 am

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#460 Post by ChrisU » December 3rd, 2018, 11:36 am

Dale Bowers wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 10:56 am
Has anyone else's account suddenly not listing any of your past purchases?
this happened to me. I emailed them and they apologized and sent me a list. They didn't say why it happened or if it would be investigated / fixed, though.
C. Ur$ini

YLee
Posts: 183
Joined: September 20th, 2018, 8:09 am

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#461 Post by YLee » December 3rd, 2018, 11:45 am

They need new programmer and IT guy.
-Yong

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 57
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#462 Post by Troy Stark » December 4th, 2018, 11:00 am

Neal.Mollen wrote:
October 31st, 2018, 10:57 am
I just got a list of ready-to-ship wines. WHO THE HELL BOUGHT ALL THIS STUFF?!?!?!?

Not buying ANYTHING until after T-day. Period. No matter how attractive the price.
I have this conversation with myself all the time when it comes to Envoyer... [snort.gif]
Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 57
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#463 Post by Troy Stark » December 4th, 2018, 11:05 am

Yao C wrote:
November 8th, 2018, 1:32 pm
you can just call Terry (who does shipping) and figure it out with her
Mind. Blown.

Always thought Terry was a guy. Have never spoken on the phone (obviously).
Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
Dennis Atick
Posts: 5680
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 6:48 pm
Location: East Atlanta

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#464 Post by Dennis Atick » December 4th, 2018, 11:09 am

Troy Stark wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 11:05 am
Yao C wrote:
November 8th, 2018, 1:32 pm
you can just call Terry (who does shipping) and figure it out with her
Mind. Blown.

Always thought Terry was a guy. Have never spoken on the phone (obviously).
Oh, shit. Me too. LOL !
@decaturwinedude

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 57
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#465 Post by Troy Stark » December 4th, 2018, 11:11 am

Mattstolz wrote:
November 21st, 2018, 2:19 am
Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
November 20th, 2018, 7:07 pm
Their stuff tends to show up eventually. I got about half my total orders in nov.
Dale Bowers wrote:
November 20th, 2018, 8:18 pm
Just a data point: I received 9 cases in October, most ordered from Nov ‘17 thru Spring/Summer ‘18. Every bottle ordered was eventually delivered.
that was kind of what i figured. it seems like the kind of operation where it may take a little time, but it (almost) always happens like they say it will
Their sales model is brilliant. The reason things take so long is they don't usually carry stock (unless a distributor has something on closeout). Instead, they do nearly everything on a pre-order basis. Everything that hits their warehouse is already sold. They DI it all, as well, so it can take time to fill up a container and get the wines here, but they are only ordering what's already been sold. That's how they keep the prices so low. You probably already figured this out. newhere
Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 57
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#466 Post by Troy Stark » December 4th, 2018, 11:33 am

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
November 30th, 2018, 7:15 pm
I tend to buy pretty broadly from these offers, not too deeply, unless it’s something I drink a lot of like the rl Legras that was posted recently that I grabbed a few cases of. Probably about a case to case and a half a month from envoyer judging on the 8 cases that were just delivered from the last 6 mo.
OK, you're the guy I want to talk to about Envoyer.

I have a theory that they have off-list offers that go out to their best customers on things like Leroy, DRC, Rousseau, etc. Why do I suspect this? Well, because they offer the base-level wines from these producers (de Villaine's non-DRC stuff, Leroy's Bourgogne level stuff), so I would assume they get allocations of the top end wines, too.

I further suspect they send these wines off-list because I've been specifically offered stuff before it goes to the email list when they know it's something I might like or it's something I've specifically asked for, but this happens very, very rarely (maybe twice I can think of?) and they only give me about 30 min before it hits the email list, so if I'm not checking I might miss it.

So, the question is - how much does a person have to spend to be considered for these suspected offers and do they even exist? I order about 10 cases a year from them, and I'm not really getting special treatment, except in very rare circumstances. Sounds like you might buy a little more than me and I'm assuming you don't get off-list offers regularly, so where does that leave us?

Anyone have insight on my theory, or is it a don't ask, don't tell kind of thing???

champagne.gif
Insta: @lofiwineguy

Josh Grossman
Posts: 249
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 11:26 am

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#467 Post by Josh Grossman » December 4th, 2018, 11:37 am

Troy Stark wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 11:11 am
Mattstolz wrote:
November 21st, 2018, 2:19 am
Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
November 20th, 2018, 7:07 pm
Their stuff tends to show up eventually. I got about half my total orders in nov.
Dale Bowers wrote:
November 20th, 2018, 8:18 pm
Just a data point: I received 9 cases in October, most ordered from Nov ‘17 thru Spring/Summer ‘18. Every bottle ordered was eventually delivered.
that was kind of what i figured. it seems like the kind of operation where it may take a little time, but it (almost) always happens like they say it will
Their sales model is brilliant. The reason things take so long is they don't usually carry stock (unless a distributor has something on closeout). Instead, they do nearly everything on a pre-order basis. Everything that hits their warehouse is already sold. They DI it all, as well, so it can take time to fill up a container and get the wines here, but they are only ordering what's already been sold. That's how they keep the prices so low. You probably already figured this out. newhere
They are an importer too, so they are cutting out one of the three tiers also on imported wine. I figured out my shipping costs from them only adds less than $3 dollars per bottle of wine, which makes it way cheaper than even trying to comparison shop locally.

User avatar
ky1em!ttskus
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4202
Joined: January 27th, 2012, 7:38 am

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#468 Post by ky1em!ttskus » December 4th, 2018, 11:40 am

Terry is def a she. And just like everyone else at Envoyer, she’s lovely. :)

User avatar
David_K
Posts: 605
Joined: July 17th, 2014, 7:01 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#469 Post by David_K » December 4th, 2018, 11:45 am

So after reading this thread some time ago I signed up and was on the list for about four months and bought - wait for it - nothing. Am I the only one? The business model just didn't work for me. A few reasons:

- I found that the prices, while good, were not world-beating on most things. Add in coast-to-coast shipping and that wipes away most of the savings.
- Lack of functional website to review orders and inventory.
- Long waiting time before confirmation of orders. I find that stressful and I hate the uncertainty.
- For offers of old cellars, you have to race and I would never know whether other (i.e., more frequent) customers would take preference even if I got a request in first. With a store like Chambers St. they have a real-time ordering system in place.
- Never knowing if I'm getting all the offers.
- Long wait time between order and arrival.

No one of these things is a deal-breaker and I do order from shops that use some of the same practices. I'm also willing to tolerate more in terms of wait times or what have you if a store is local to me and I don't have to pay shipping. And to be clear before I'm misinterpreted, I'm not suggesting there is anything shady about these practices. It was just more trouble than it was worth to me, so I unsubscribed.
K@ntrОwi╦z

Josh Grossman
Posts: 249
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 11:26 am

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#470 Post by Josh Grossman » December 4th, 2018, 11:47 am

Troy Stark wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 11:33 am
Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
November 30th, 2018, 7:15 pm
I tend to buy pretty broadly from these offers, not too deeply, unless it’s something I drink a lot of like the rl Legras that was posted recently that I grabbed a few cases of. Probably about a case to case and a half a month from envoyer judging on the 8 cases that were just delivered from the last 6 mo.
OK, you're the guy I want to talk to about Envoyer.

I have a theory that they have off-list offers that go out to their best customers on things like Leroy, DRC, Rousseau, etc. Why do I suspect this? Well, because they offer the base-level wines from these producers (de Villaine's non-DRC stuff, Leroy's Bourgogne level stuff), so I would assume they get allocations of the top end wines, too.

I further suspect they send these wines off-list because I've been specifically offered stuff before it goes to the email list when they know it's something I might like or it's something I've specifically asked for, but this happens very, very rarely (maybe twice I can think of?) and they only give me about 30 min before it hits the email list, so if I'm not checking I might miss it.

So, the question is - how much does a person have to spend to be considered for these suspected offers and do they even exist? I order about 10 cases a year from them, and I'm not really getting special treatment, except in very rare circumstances. Sounds like you might buy a little more than me and I'm assuming you don't get off-list offers regularly, so where does that leave us?

Anyone have insight on my theory, or is it a don't ask, don't tell kind of thing???

champagne.gif
If you email them asking for higher end stuff, for me, they will ask their sources and get back to you. I wanted some '15 Marc Sorrel Hermitage Le Greal, (highest rated from my favorite Rhone critic). I saw a '12 offer and emailed asking for '15 and they came back with a price. Often times when a wine sells out and I don't get an allocation, they will let me know when they get a new allocation and ask if I still want some. I guess I don't think they have off-list offers, but they do their best to make a customer happy.

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 57
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#471 Post by Troy Stark » December 4th, 2018, 11:50 am

David_K wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 11:45 am
So after reading this thread some time ago I signed up and was on the list for about four months and bought - wait for it - nothing. Am I the only one? The business model just didn't work for me. A few reasons:

- I found that the prices, while good, were not world-beating on most things. Add in coast-to-coast shipping and that wipes away most of the savings.
I think this is where my experience differs from yours. Almost everything I buy from them is substantially cheaper than anything I can find offered online. Sometimes, substantially so.

Combined with the fact that I know they are DI'ing the wines in temperature controlled containers and holding in their temperature controlled warehouse, I can't justify buying wine nearly anywhere else.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 57
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#472 Post by Troy Stark » December 4th, 2018, 11:53 am

Josh Grossman wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 11:47 am
If you email them asking for higher end stuff, for me, they will ask their sources and get back to you. I wanted some '15 Marc Sorrel Hermitage Le Greal, (highest rated from my favorite Rhone critic). I saw a '12 offer and emailed asking for '15 and they came back with a price. Often times when a wine sells out and I don't get an allocation, they will let me know when they get a new allocation and ask if I still want some. I guess I don't think they have off-list offers, but they do their best to make a customer happy.
You could be right. I will try your strategy sometime and see what happens. Thanks.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
c fu
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 29204
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Location: Pasadena

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#473 Post by c fu » December 4th, 2018, 11:57 am

Troy Stark wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 11:33 am
Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
November 30th, 2018, 7:15 pm
I tend to buy pretty broadly from these offers, not too deeply, unless it’s something I drink a lot of like the rl Legras that was posted recently that I grabbed a few cases of. Probably about a case to case and a half a month from envoyer judging on the 8 cases that were just delivered from the last 6 mo.
OK, you're the guy I want to talk to about Envoyer.

I have a theory that they have off-list offers that go out to their best customers on things like Leroy, DRC, Rousseau, etc. Why do I suspect this? Well, because they offer the base-level wines from these producers (de Villaine's non-DRC stuff, Leroy's Bourgogne level stuff), so I would assume they get allocations of the top end wines, too.

I further suspect they send these wines off-list because I've been specifically offered stuff before it goes to the email list when they know it's something I might like or it's something I've specifically asked for, but this happens very, very rarely (maybe twice I can think of?) and they only give me about 30 min before it hits the email list, so if I'm not checking I might miss it.

So, the question is - how much does a person have to spend to be considered for these suspected offers and do they even exist? I order about 10 cases a year from them, and I'm not really getting special treatment, except in very rare circumstances. Sounds like you might buy a little more than me and I'm assuming you don't get off-list offers regularly, so where does that leave us?

Anyone have insight on my theory, or is it a don't ask, don't tell kind of thing???

champagne.gif
If you aren't getting it, you probably aren't on the off list list ;).

If you look at your account there's groups you're placed in for emails (rhone/burgundy etc). But there are certain other groups that aren't attributed to a wine region that won't appear for you to add yourself to as they add you ;D.
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: @clayfu.wine

Josh Grossman
Posts: 249
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 11:26 am

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#474 Post by Josh Grossman » December 4th, 2018, 11:59 am

David_K wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 11:45 am
So after reading this thread some time ago I signed up and was on the list for about four months and bought - wait for it - nothing. Am I the only one? The business model just didn't work for me. A few reasons:

- I found that the prices, while good, were not world-beating on most things. Add in coast-to-coast shipping and that wipes away most of the savings.
- Lack of functional website to review orders and inventory.
- Long waiting time before confirmation of orders. I find that stressful and I hate the uncertainty.
- For offers of old cellars, you have to race and I would never know whether other (i.e., more frequent) customers would take preference even if I got a request in first. With a store like Chambers St. they have a real-time ordering system in place.
- Never knowing if I'm getting all the offers.
- Long wait time between order and arrival.

No one of these things is a deal-breaker and I do order from shops that use some of the same practices. I'm also willing to tolerate more in terms of wait times or what have you if a store is local to me and I don't have to pay shipping. And to be clear before I'm misinterpreted, I'm not suggesting there is anything shady about these practices. It was just more trouble than it was worth to me, so I unsubscribed.
-Shipping multiple cases to Ohio added $2.48 per bottle. Almost everything I've bought was significantly less than that on the lowest price on wine searcher (which doesn't include shipping too). Certainly much cheaper and less likely to be cooked than with Ohio's greedy distributors.
-I need more wine like I need more holes in my head so it's not like it's live or die if I get a wine I want. I'm also type B.
-I got great allocations from cellar sales as a new customer. I think you're paranoid with anxiety; don't switch from wine to cocaine.
-See last bit from above...
-My cellar is full and I'm always happy to let someone else to freely off site cellar wine for me as long as i'm confident they are responsible; I'm confident Envoyer is responsible. Most of that stuff needs, at least, 10 years before I plan to drink it.

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 57
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#475 Post by Troy Stark » December 4th, 2018, 12:01 pm

c fu wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 11:57 am
If you aren't getting it, you probably aren't on the off list list ;).

If you look at your account there's groups you're placed in for emails (rhone/burgundy etc). But there are certain other groups that aren't attributed to a wine region that won't appear for you to add yourself to as they add you ;D.
So, my suspicion is confirmed!

Thanks, Mr. Fu. [cheers.gif]
Attachments
envoyer.jpg
Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
RyanC
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3044
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:20 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#476 Post by RyanC » December 4th, 2018, 12:04 pm

Oh god I just looked at my account and realized there is a "Total Purchases" line item. No bueno.

[swoon.gif]
C@ughey

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 29809
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#477 Post by Neal.Mollen » December 4th, 2018, 12:05 pm

David_K wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 11:45 am
So after reading this thread some time ago I signed up and was on the list for about four months and bought - wait for it - nothing. Am I the only one? The business model just didn't work for me. A few reasons:

- I found that the prices, while good, were not world-beating on most things. Add in coast-to-coast shipping and that wipes away most of the savings.
- Lack of functional website to review orders and inventory.
- Long waiting time before confirmation of orders. I find that stressful and I hate the uncertainty.
- For offers of old cellars, you have to race and I would never know whether other (i.e., more frequent) customers would take preference even if I got a request in first. With a store like Chambers St. they have a real-time ordering system in place.
- Never knowing if I'm getting all the offers.
- Long wait time between order and arrival.

No one of these things is a deal-breaker and I do order from shops that use some of the same practices. I'm also willing to tolerate more in terms of wait times or what have you if a store is local to me and I don't have to pay shipping. And to be clear before I'm misinterpreted, I'm not suggesting there is anything shady about these practices. It was just more trouble than it was worth to me, so I unsubscribed.
I disagree on (most) prices, but otherwise, totally legit reasons not to want them as a source. I don't share your concerns but that doesn't mean you are "wrong." Congratulations for being able to cross them off your list.
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

User avatar
Sh@n A
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 411
Joined: July 9th, 2018, 8:21 am

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#478 Post by Sh@n A » December 4th, 2018, 12:06 pm

Will envoyer cellar your wine for a long time? Did I read that post correctly?
/ @ g r @ \

User avatar
Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 29809
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#479 Post by Neal.Mollen » December 4th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Troy Stark wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 11:33 am
So, the question is - how much does a person have to spend to be considered for these suspected offers and do they even exist?
Whatever it is, it is (a) a shit-ton of money and (b) more than I spend (redundant of (a)) because I don't get those either.
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

Josh Grossman
Posts: 249
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 11:26 am

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#480 Post by Josh Grossman » December 4th, 2018, 12:09 pm

RyanC wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 12:04 pm
Oh god I just looked at my account and realized there is a "Total Purchases" line item. No bueno.

[swoon.gif]
I haven't been able to figure out if that is rolling or just the list of undelivered wine. I'm worried it might be just the undelivered wine. Have a feeling Greg could sell me life insurance. [truce.gif] blush [truce.gif]
Image

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 57
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#481 Post by Troy Stark » December 4th, 2018, 12:11 pm

RyanC wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 12:04 pm
Oh god I just looked at my account and realized there is a "Total Purchases" line item. No bueno.

[swoon.gif]
What's going to really melt your brain is that the amount doesn't update until your wines ship...

You're welcome.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

User avatar
Troy Stark
Posts: 57
Joined: March 7th, 2012, 9:51 am
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#482 Post by Troy Stark » December 4th, 2018, 12:13 pm

Josh Grossman wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 12:09 pm
I haven't been able to figure out if that is rolling or just the list of undelivered wine. I'm worried it might be just the undelivered wine. Have a feeling Greg could sell me life insurance. [truce.gif] blush [truce.gif]
It's a rolling amount based on what they have shipped because, at any time up until a wine ships, they will let you cancel your order (for "store credit"). So, no buyer's remorse.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

Mich@el Ch@ng
Posts: 1444
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#483 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » December 4th, 2018, 12:30 pm

If you’re interested in stuff email them about it. They will get it for you if they can.

Joshua Kates
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 901
Joined: October 30th, 2011, 6:31 am

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#484 Post by Joshua Kates » December 4th, 2018, 12:34 pm

Anyway got any of the 2016 Ramonet? Charlie? Man, those went fast!

User avatar
RyanC
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3044
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:20 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#485 Post by RyanC » December 4th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Joshua Kates wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 12:34 pm
Anyway got any of the 2016 Ramonet? Charlie? Man, those went fast!
I waited too long.
C@ughey

User avatar
c fu
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 29204
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Location: Pasadena

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#486 Post by c fu » December 4th, 2018, 1:13 pm

Joshua Kates wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 12:34 pm
Anyway got any of the 2016 Ramonet? Charlie? Man, those went fast!
I no buy ramonet.
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: @clayfu.wine

YLee
Posts: 183
Joined: September 20th, 2018, 8:09 am

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#487 Post by YLee » December 4th, 2018, 1:23 pm

I have no room for wines now. I'm done buying for this year otherwise I would buy Ramonet.
-Yong

Mich@el Ch@ng
Posts: 1444
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#488 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » December 4th, 2018, 1:27 pm

I asked for a few.

julianseersmartin
Posts: 192
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 10:16 am
Location: Santa Monica

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#489 Post by julianseersmartin » December 4th, 2018, 2:14 pm

The Bouzeron sold out at $38 a go? That's crazy. It's good but it's no way $38 a bottle good.

User avatar
Sh@n A
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 411
Joined: July 9th, 2018, 8:21 am

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#490 Post by Sh@n A » December 4th, 2018, 3:07 pm

Based on my experience with other email lists, I have learned vendors have different email lists, to split the emails into digestible formats to send out. Combined with different email servers etc., different people will receive offers at different times. Chambers, for example, tells me they send out the list randomly each time to avoid preference -- but I have gotten to these emails within 5 minutes consistently and the wines I want are always sold out. I now think my email server that I use is too slow. Envoyer may have just one email list, but it does not mean you are receiving the email the same time as someone else.
/ @ g r @ \

Mich@el Ch@ng
Posts: 1444
Joined: March 31st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#491 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » December 4th, 2018, 3:46 pm

Gmail is pretty fast. I think ppl just reply to envoyer emails extremely fast.

YLee
Posts: 183
Joined: September 20th, 2018, 8:09 am

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#492 Post by YLee » December 4th, 2018, 4:04 pm

I reply within 10 seconds. Not a joke.
-Yong

Joshua Kates
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 901
Joined: October 30th, 2011, 6:31 am

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#493 Post by Joshua Kates » December 4th, 2018, 4:04 pm

julianseersmartin wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 2:14 pm
The Bouzeron sold out at $38 a go? That's crazy. It's good but it's no way $38 a bottle good.
Agree, seemed silly, though I guess not so much to go around in 2016?
c fu wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 1:13 pm
Joshua Kates wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 12:34 pm
Anyway got any of the 2016 Ramonet? Charlie? Man, those went fast!
I no buy ramonet.
Do you not like them? Not so much cut or even intensity as some, PYCM, for example, but I think they are especially transparent and pretty.

User avatar
Mattstolz
Posts: 805
Joined: June 26th, 2017, 7:46 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#494 Post by Mattstolz » December 4th, 2018, 4:55 pm

David_K wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 11:45 am
So after reading this thread some time ago I signed up and was on the list for about four months and bought - wait for it - nothing. Am I the only one? The business model just didn't work for me. A few reasons:

- I found that the prices, while good, were not world-beating on most things. Add in coast-to-coast shipping and that wipes away most of the savings.
- Lack of functional website to review orders and inventory.
- Long waiting time before confirmation of orders. I find that stressful and I hate the uncertainty.
- For offers of old cellars, you have to race and I would never know whether other (i.e., more frequent) customers would take preference even if I got a request in first. With a store like Chambers St. they have a real-time ordering system in place.
- Never knowing if I'm getting all the offers.
- Long wait time between order and arrival.
I'm not quite sure I understand how you can have a complaint about the wait time for confirmation, shipping, or wait time if you've never ordered anything from them. are these just things you've read in the threads about them? I mean, yes, they're all true... but still.

User avatar
c fu
Moderator
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>
Posts: 29204
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:26 pm
Location: Pasadena

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#495 Post by c fu » December 4th, 2018, 5:07 pm

Joshua Kates wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 4:04 pm
julianseersmartin wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 2:14 pm
The Bouzeron sold out at $38 a go? That's crazy. It's good but it's no way $38 a bottle good.
Agree, seemed silly, though I guess not so much to go around in 2016?
c fu wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 1:13 pm
Joshua Kates wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 12:34 pm
Anyway got any of the 2016 Ramonet? Charlie? Man, those went fast!
I no buy ramonet.
Do you not like them? Not so much cut or even intensity as some, PYCM, for example, but I think they are especially transparent and pretty.
Don’t like the pricing. Also past premox issues have turned me off.
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

Instagram: @clayfu.wine

User avatar
John Glas
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 967
Joined: January 14th, 2010, 9:54 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#496 Post by John Glas » December 4th, 2018, 5:22 pm

All of my wines arrive Monday. Just made it without worries about the really cold MN winters. I got several more bottles from the cellars than I thought which worked well on the great prices some of the wines went for!
www.twincitieswinetasting.com

User avatar
David_K
Posts: 605
Joined: July 17th, 2014, 7:01 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#497 Post by David_K » December 4th, 2018, 6:03 pm

Mattstolz wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 4:55 pm
David_K wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 11:45 am
So after reading this thread some time ago I signed up and was on the list for about four months and bought - wait for it - nothing. Am I the only one? The business model just didn't work for me. A few reasons:

- I found that the prices, while good, were not world-beating on most things. Add in coast-to-coast shipping and that wipes away most of the savings.
- Lack of functional website to review orders and inventory.
- Long waiting time before confirmation of orders. I find that stressful and I hate the uncertainty.
- For offers of old cellars, you have to race and I would never know whether other (i.e., more frequent) customers would take preference even if I got a request in first. With a store like Chambers St. they have a real-time ordering system in place.
- Never knowing if I'm getting all the offers.
- Long wait time between order and arrival.
I'm not quite sure I understand how you can have a complaint about the wait time for confirmation, shipping, or wait time if you've never ordered anything from them. are these just things you've read in the threads about them? I mean, yes, they're all true... but still.
Astute point -- yes, it's from everything I've read.
K@ntrОwi╦z

User avatar
Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 17286
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 12:54 am
Location: westside

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#498 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » December 4th, 2018, 6:15 pm

I think more people should follow David_K's lead! :D
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

julianseersmartin
Posts: 192
Joined: February 27th, 2018, 10:16 am
Location: Santa Monica

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#499 Post by julianseersmartin » December 4th, 2018, 6:52 pm

c fu wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 5:07 pm
Don’t like the pricing. Also past premox issues have turned me off.
Yeah, I was buying Chassagne 1er Morgeots for less than 1/3 of the current rate around 4 years ago. It's not worth any more than what I was paying, for sure.

That Bouzeron price was nuts.

User avatar
Sh@n A
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 411
Joined: July 9th, 2018, 8:21 am

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#500 Post by Sh@n A » December 4th, 2018, 7:00 pm

YLee wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 4:04 pm
I reply within 10 seconds. Not a joke.
My point was not how quickly you respond, but when you receive the email itself, which could be 10 seconds or 5 minutes later than others.
/ @ g r @ \

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”