Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
J.Vizuete
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Envoyer Thread #2: Everything else

#1051 Post by J.Vizuete » October 10th, 2019, 2:05 pm

some of the back vintage offers (for burg and N. rhone especially) are a bit steep for market, but in general their champagne prices are very competitive and I love them because it gives access to a lot of wines that don't make it to my market. Also especially love the amount of .375 format offers. If I lived on the coasts, I might buy less, but it's a great operation.
John V.

Troy Stark

#1052 Post by Troy Stark » October 10th, 2019, 4:18 pm

Neal.Mollen wrote:
October 10th, 2019, 1:01 pm
Didn't get this offer. I suppose my moratorium has resulted in me being consigned to the less exalted list
Neal, they go by total lifetime spend for their VIP list as far as I know. It's not a rolling total or anything like that, which would be very tough for them to track.

I mysteriously got dropped from their list and didn't realize it for about 3 weeks. Got it sorted out but it took a few emails and a phone call. I would give them a buzz if you're not getting offers.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

Neal.Mollen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1053 Post by Neal.Mollen » October 10th, 2019, 4:57 pm

Troy Stark wrote:
October 10th, 2019, 4:18 pm
Neal.Mollen wrote:
October 10th, 2019, 1:01 pm
Didn't get this offer. I suppose my moratorium has resulted in me being consigned to the less exalted list
Neal, they go by total lifetime spend for their VIP list as far as I know. It's not a rolling total or anything like that, which would be very tough for them to track.

I mysteriously got dropped from their list and didn't realize it for about 3 weeks. Got it sorted out but it took a few emails and a phone call. I would give them a buzz if you're not getting offers.
Thanks Troy. Trying to decide whether calling them would be a good idea or a very bad idea
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

Andrew M

#1054 Post by Andrew M » October 10th, 2019, 4:59 pm

Any idea what that lifetime spend number is?
M @ k $ ! m ø v ! ç h

Brian G r a f s t r o m

#1055 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » October 10th, 2019, 5:01 pm

I landed a couple of the Rougeards, much to my surprise. Cheap? No. But seemingly below market. Never owned one. Never even tasted one. So I'm stoked.
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

Troy Stark

#1056 Post by Troy Stark » October 10th, 2019, 5:17 pm

Andrew M wrote:
October 10th, 2019, 4:59 pm
No, and honestly it's just a theory. I'm sure if you called them and asked they would tell you. I don't get the idea that they're trying to hide anything. It's actually in their best interests to tell you, if you think about it.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

Yao C

#1057 Post by Yao C » October 10th, 2019, 5:22 pm

Troy Stark wrote:
October 10th, 2019, 5:17 pm
Andrew M wrote:
No, and honestly it's just a theory. I'm sure if you called them and asked they would tell you. I don't get the idea that they're trying to hide anything. It's actually in their best interests to tell you, if you think about it.
More than a theory: you actually could look this number up on their old website; I don't know if they still track it though
C h 0 o n 6

YLee

#1058 Post by YLee » October 10th, 2019, 5:59 pm

Greg will be sending out an email probably next week regarding pre-arrivals, outstanding wines and tariff.
-¥ 0 ñ 9

Josh Grossman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1059 Post by Josh Grossman » October 10th, 2019, 11:55 pm

Anyone else go for the '17 Sorrel Hermitage Le Gréal? I just asked for one. I'm planning to go heavy on '18--but this is nearly a perfect wine. Not sure if it was a deal--but it's so hard to find I went for it. Starting to build a nice vertical.

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1060 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » October 11th, 2019, 8:10 am

Picked up a few of the tardy; good producer in a good vintage.

YLee

#1061 Post by YLee » October 11th, 2019, 8:42 am

I found it a bit funny it read "HURRY, ONLY 131 AVAILABLE"
-¥ 0 ñ 9

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1062 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » October 11th, 2019, 8:44 am

Not envoyer but kl has rossignol 16 Clos de mouches for 73 a pop, very nice wine.

Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor

#1063 Post by Robert M yers » October 11th, 2019, 9:31 am

Troy Stark wrote:
Andrew M wrote:
Took me probably a year of correspondence to get them to tell me. I had people here telling me to change my internet provider, that it couldn’t be Envoyer’s system...

YLee

#1064 Post by YLee » October 11th, 2019, 9:40 am

Robert M yers wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 9:31 am
Troy Stark wrote:
Andrew M wrote:
Took me probably a year of correspondence to get them to tell me. I had people here telling me to change my internet provider, that it couldn’t be Envoyer’s system...
Whoever told you to change ISP has no idea how emails, internet, ISP or mail servers work.

I guess the fact I got on their VIP list within about 1 month after signing up shows I am spending wayyyyyy too much.
-¥ 0 ñ 9

C Chen

#1065 Post by C Chen » October 11th, 2019, 1:43 pm

That '09 Mugneret Gibourg Vosne-Romanee. Oof. flirtysmile
curt1S ch3N
CT: C Chen

Dennis Atick

#1066 Post by Dennis Atick » October 11th, 2019, 1:58 pm

It was said upthread but the recent Burgundy cellars are now so far out of reach for normal people like me. I can fondly remember the good ol days.
And Drink Rully and Monthelie for a few more years. [cheers.gif]
@decaturwinedude

G. Greenbaum

#1067 Post by G. Greenbaum » October 11th, 2019, 2:07 pm

Dennis Atick wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 1:58 pm
It was said upthread but the recent Burgundy cellars are now so far out of reach for normal people like me. I can fondly remember the good ol days.
Who got the Prudhon En Remilly? I responded in 25 min and missed it!
Regards,
Gregg

ITB

Dennis Atick

#1068 Post by Dennis Atick » October 11th, 2019, 5:50 pm

G. Greenbaum wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 2:07 pm
Dennis Atick wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Who got the Prudhon En Remilly? I responded in 25 min and missed it!
Not me!
@decaturwinedude

Kris Patten
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1069 Post by Kris Patten » October 12th, 2019, 8:06 pm

Found an old offer from 2012......oh, to buy these today....

We have just received over 600 cases of wine, and there are some real beauties here. Several 95+ point wines. Please take a moment to check out the list. There is something here for everyone. Please act quickly though some wines are extremely limited!

All wines are in stock!

Italian

2004 Domenico Clerico Barolo Percristina $119.99 x1 WA 97 The 2004 Barolo Percristina sweeps across the palate with masses of silky, dense fruit framed by firm, yet almost impossibly elegant tannins. This is an utterly captivating Barolo for its sheer power, richness and opulence. Despite the wine’s size, there is plenty of detail and nuance to explore in this utterly sensual, captivating Percristina. Readers lucky enough to find the 2004 Percristina should not hesitate, it is superb! Anticipated maturity: 2014-2029.

2007 Mastrojanni Brunello $45.99 x5 WA 93 The 2007 Brunello di Montalcino is a big wine loaded with personality. Sweet dark cherries, licorice, smoke and leather burst from the glass in this explosive, rich Brunello. Layers of flavor develop with air, filling out the wine’s broad-shouldered frame very nicely. Firm tannins support the generous finish. This is a fabulous showing from Mastrojanni. The Brunello was fermented in cement and aged cask for 36 months. Anticipated maturity: 2015-2027.

2007 Bartolo Mascarello Barolo $99.99 x3 WA 96 The 2007 Barolo has grown tremendously over the last few months. Some bottles have been more closed than others, but what is certain is that the wine is putting on weight. The 2007 appears to have a long drinking window ahead. It is without question one of the wines of the vintage. Anticipated maturity: 2017-2037.
2007 Montevertine Toscana IGT $79.99 x2 (Mag) WA 93

Champagne

1996 Henriot Champagne Cuvée des Enchanteleurs $124.99 x3 WS 97 Tight-grained, with an immediate impression of the sea before forest floor and citrus notes take over. This is bright and fresh, with plenty of spice, toast and candied berry flavors, backed by a firm structure. The finish just keeps going. Best from 2012 through 2040. 1,000 cases imported. –BS

2002 Delamotte Blanc de Blancs $59.99 x 4 IWC 93 (made from fruit grown in the grand crus Le Mesnil, Oger, Avize and Cramant; L63DH0271): Light, bright gold. Sexy, mineral-accented aromas of candied citrus fruits, quince, honeysuckle and ginger. Dry and nervy but densely packed, offering energetic orange, lemon and floral flavors and a late note of iodine. Impressively balanced and pure blanc de blancs with outstanding finishing clarity and mineral-driven persistence. Built for the long haul.

2002 Charles Ellner Seduction $49.99 x1

2002 Joseph Perrier Cuvee Josephine Brut $99.99 x6 EFW 95 “Rare” Compare at $150+

2005 Jose Michel Special Club $44.99 x4 The best buy in Special Club Champagne period!

2006 Vilmart Grand Cellier d'or Cuvee Rubis Rose $109.99 x9 IWC 95 (60% pinot noir and 40% chardonnay, from a single vineyard of old vines): Bright orange-pink. Explosively perfumed scents of fresh red berries, vanilla, potpourri and smoky minerals, with an exotic veneer of Asian spices. Creamy and broad but focused, offering intense raspberry and cherry flavors lifted and sharpened by a blood orange nuance. The spice, floral and vanilla notes linger with impressive tenacity.

White Rhone

2009 Ferraton St Joseph Blanc $44.99 x1 Parker 95 The limited selections include the 2009 St.-Joseph Les Oliviers blanc (a 50-case cuvee of 100% Marsanne). Aromas of oranges, nectarine oil, assorted citrus and honeysuckle are followed by a full-bodied, gorgeously fruity white wine that should provide plenty of pleasure over the next 4-6 years.

2009 Ferraton Hermitage Reverdy Blanc $79.99 x2 Parker 97 The outrageously rich 2009 Ermitage Le Reverdy blanc (a 70-case blend of 80% Marsanne and 20% Roussanne) possesses honeyed marmalade notes intermixed with hints of candle wax, quince, white currants and ginger. Unfortunately, it will be difficult to latch on to a bottle of this delicious white given the tiny production.

2009 JL Chave Hermitage Blanc $229.99 x2 Parker 99 The bottled 2009 Hermitage Blanc is one of the greatest whites ever made chez Chave, and that’s saying something given Chave’s track record. This spectacular wine, normally a blend of 80% Marsanne and 20% Roussanne, exhibits layers of concentration, superb acidity and minerality, laser-like focus, and plenty of quince, white currant, citrus oil, honeysuckle, anise, white peach and apricot marmalade notes. This significant, full-bodied, dry white Hermitage should age for 30-50 years. However, given the vintage’s flamboyance, it will be drinkable early in life.

Red Rhone

2009 Allemand, Cornas 'Chaillot' $94.99 x5 Tanzer 93-94 Bright purple. Bright aromas of red and dark berry preserves, floral oils and minerals, with a strong note of Asian spices. Fresh, vibrant and pure, offering sweet black raspberry and cherry flavors that stain the palate. At once rich and energetic, finishing with outstanding clarity and sappiness.

2009 Leon Barral, Faugeres AC $24.99 x8 Best buy trained with Marcel Lapierre

2009 Roger Sabon Cnp Cuvee Prestige $549.99 x1 Parker 96

2009 Jaboulet Crozes Hermitage Thalabert $42.99 x35 Parker 95

2009 Ferraton Hermitage Dionneieres $79.99 x2 Parker 96 There are fewer than 200 cases each of the 2009 Ermitage Les Dionnieres and 2009 Ermitage Le Meal. Both are spectacular efforts boasting a blue/purple color along with notes of creosote, acacia flowers, beef blood, blackberry liqueur and licorice. Le Meal reveals greater intensity, but both are spectacular wines capable of lasting 30-40 years.

2009 Ferraton Hermitage Cuvee Le Meal $109.99 x9 Parker 95+ There are fewer than 200 cases each of the 2009 Ermitage Les Dionnieres and 2009 Ermitage Le Meal. Both are spectacular efforts boasting a blue/purple color along with notes of creosote, acacia flowers, beef blood, blackberry liqueur and licorice. Le Meal reveals greater intensity, but both are spectacular wines capable of lasting 30-40 years.

White Loire

2009 Huet Vouvray 'Clos du Bourg' Moelleux 1er Trie $59.99 x7 WS 96 #3 from 2011 This is gorgeous, with notes of ginger, orange, clementine, white peach and green fig all bouncing off one another, but working harmoniously through the richly detailed finish. A lingering green tea note hangs on for added length as this puts on weight with air. Drink now through 2025. 760 cases made. –JM

2010 Domaine Baumard Coteaux du Layon Cuvee Catherine $45.99 x7 WA 94 The 2008 Coteaux du Layon Clos de Sainte Catherine – from a sandy (though schist-derived) site just beyond the perimeter of the winery in Rochefort-sur-Loire – mingles tangerine and lime sorbet, quince jelly, peach preserves, and salted caramel for results that are at once creamy-rich and refreshingly-cool. There is a more obviously honeyed overlay here than in the corresponding Carte d’Or bottling, but again the confitured aspects and sheer residual sweetness of this wine are beautifully balanced and leavened by citrus and fresh peach, green tea, and wet stone. Decadent floral perfume and brown spices add allure to a lusciously lingering finish. Expect this to be worth following for at least 15-20 years.

White Burgundy

2000 Domaine Leflaive Puligny Folatieres $159.99 x1 BH 91 Outstanding! Wonderfully expressive, elegant spiced apple and limestone aromas leading to racy, ample, rounded, beautifully defined flavors that offer the power of a grand cru. Folatières is often quite direct and linear with an intense minerality and this delivers those qualities in spades. Fine, harmonious and very long if not especially dense. A terrific effort.

2000 Domaine Leflaive Puligny Combettes $169.99 x2 BH 90-93 Outstanding! This is normally the biggest among these 1ers and by a healthy margin but the 2000 version is decidedly finer than usual with ultra elegant, incredibly precise fruit followed by fat, powerful, intense flavors that are both classy and extremely long. The additional weight is nicely buffered by more evident acidity and this should enjoy a decade or more of drinking pleasure.

2006 Jobard Meursault En la Barre $44.99 x6 BH Outstanding! This too offers up very fresh and bright aromas that are ever so slightly riper and include notes of hazelnut, white peach and apricot that precede rich, full and sweet flavors that possess a shade more overall depth and a silky finish. This is very forward, indeed a good deal more forward than usual. In sum, lovely in a forward style.

2007 Ramonet Chassagne Ruchottes $199.99 x2 Mags “Rare” BH 91 A very pretty and moderately ripe nose that is dominated by citrus and floral hints with the barest trace of pain grillé lurking in the background leads to precise and focused middle weight flavors that also display a touch of oak influence though again, it's very discreet, all wrapped in a lingering but lean and linear finish supported by a very firm acid spine. 2007 is an interesting vintage for this wine as there isn't a lot of breadth or mid-palate fat to buffer the structural elements though I suspect that it will come in time. But as with a number of Ramonet '07s, don't buy this with the intention to drink it in the ensuring 3 or 4 years as this will require time to really obtain the value of your entry price. In short, patience required.

2010 Bernard Moreau Chassgne Cheneveots $59.99 x4 John Gilman 93

2010 Bernard Moreau Chassagne Morgeot $59.99 x5 John Gilman 94

2010 Henri Boillot Corton Charlemagne $139.99 x3 BH 95 Don't miss! This is presently sufficiently reduced that I would strongly recommend decanting it if you're tempted to try one young. Here the aromatic profile is distinctly different from any of the preceding grands crus as the primary fruit element is green rather than white or yellow though there are apple, pear and plenty of mineral notes in the background. The rich, powerful and focused big-bodied flavors exhibit almost painful intensity as there is a plethora of mouth coating extract that buffers the very firm tannic spine that allows all of this size and weight to remain exquisitely well-balanced. This is not quite as complex or persistent as the Montrachet but it's not far off and in any case, it does precisely what it's supposed to do which is to be an excellent example of Corton-Charlemagne, not Montrachet.

2010 Thomas Morey Puligny Truffieres $69.99 x5 Tanzer 91-94 Medium lemon-yellow. Aromatic nose combines musky peach, lemon zest and clove oil. Fat, broad and sweet on the front half, then tighter and more citrussy on the back, with solid underlying minerality giving grip to the sappy, saline, mounting finish. Communicates the energy of the vintage and leaves the taste buds vibrating. No shortage of power here.

2010 Sauzet Puligny Perrieres $79.99 x7 BH 90-92 Mineral driven beauty!

2010 Sauzet Batard Montrachet $249.99 x1 BH 93-96

2010 Sauzet Montrachet $399.99 x3 BH 94-97

Here are some incredible Chablis deals below!

2007 Domaine William Fèvre Chablis "Fourchaume - Vignoble de Vaulorent" $44.99 BH 93

2009 Moreau Nadet Chablis Foret $29.99 x 12 BH 90-92 Outstanding! This offers a mild step up in ripeness with its very fresh and exuberant nose of citrus zest, white peach and white pepper-infused nose that is in keeping with the vibrant and intense medium-bodied flavors that deliver excellent precision and punch on the delicious yet entirely serious finish. I very much like the balance here as well as the overtly saline character of the backend.

2009 Moreau Nadet Chablis Montee de Tonerre $29.99 x2 BH 91-93 Outstanding! A ripe yet fresh and cool nose of beautiful complexity offers up notes of dried flowers, crushed lemon rind, iodine and mineral reduction that marry into big, rich and muscular flavors that brim with dry extract that really coats the palate on the detailed, refined and highly energetic finish, indeed there is a really lovely sense of underlying tension. The balance is impeccable and this should make for a first-rate wine in 6 to 8 years.

2010 Billaud Simon Montee de Tonerre $39.99 x6 BH 91-94 Outstanding! A classic Chablis nose that is ultra-fresh, pure and elegant with the hallmark floral and stone notes of a fine Montée de Tonnerre that complements well the rich, dense and impressively well-detailed flavors that culminate in a mineral-inflected and driving finish. A wine of harmony and balance that should age well.

2010 Droin Chablis Vaillon $29.99 x12 BH 90-92 Outstanding! A discreet touch of wood frames a notably complex and densely aromatic nose of white flowers, wet stone and sea breeze nuances that introduces rich and generous middle weight flavors that manage to retain a fine sense of focus and balance on the punch, long and lemon-inflected finish. Like the Vosgros, this is not a wine of refinement but the depth is impressive.

2010 Droin Chablis Fouchaume $34.99 x18 BH 91-93 Sweet Spot Outstanding! A very pure and attractively fresh green fruit nose that is heavily laced with plenty of typical Chablis nuances that include iodine, tidal pool, algae, citrus and sea shells. There is solid power to the quite serious flavors that brim with dry extract and gorgeous intensity, particularly on the tension-filled and mineral-suffused finish that delivers outstanding length. This is a terrific Fourchaume that is more refined than is typical.

2010 Droin Chablis Grenouilles $49.99 x5 BH 91-94 Noticeable and quite toasty wood fights a bit with the otherwise ripe and perfumed nose of green fruit, apple, lemon and sea breeze aromas. There is fine richness and mid-palate concentration to the very generous, supple and round flavors that possess plenty of mouth coating dry extract and excellent length. There appears to be sufficient density that this should be able to absorb the wood in time.

2010 Alice & Oliver Moor Bourgogne Blanc Chitry $24.99 x9 Incredible exotic Chablis!

2010 Alice & Oliver De Moor, Chablis "l'humeur du temps" $29.99 x11 One of their rare village vineyards that drinks like a Premier Cru + Chablis!

Red Burgundy

1962 Leroy Musigny $2295 x6 Ex- Cellar and legendary!

1964 Bouchard Clos St Denis $299.99 x1 Ex- Burgundy cellar!

1978 Joseph Voillot Pommard Clos Micault $199.99 x1 Terrific bottle just tasted!

1990 Albert Morot Beaune Cent Vignes 1er Mags $139.99 x4 Ex-cellar “Rare”

1995 d' Angerville Volany Clos des Duc $129.99 x9 BH 92 In contrast to the 96, the 95 is quite deeply colored with a nose that offers both red and black fruits as well as the barest hint of remarkably complex secondary nuances. Structurally dense with very rich, ripe, round, medium weight flavors that merge seamlessly into a long, persistent, moderately tannic finish. The tannins are still completely wrapped in pinot fat and I particularly like the slow-building intensity from the mid-palate to the finish. As vi ntages of Clos des Ducs go, this is big, rich and concentrated yet the trademark sense of elegance and finesse remains intact.

2002 Yvon Clerget Volnay Cailleret $39.99 x5 Ex-cellar-Stunning transparent mineral driven wine!

2002 Yvon Clerget Pommard Rugiens $39.99 x2 Serious effort, great value!

2008 Anne Gros Richebourg $299.99 x2 Tanzer 94+ Medium red, a bit less saturated than the Clos Vougeot. Deeper aromas of black raspberry, blueberry, flinty smoky minerality and pepper, along with a whiff of gamey reduction. Bigger, broader and sweeter than the Clos Vougeot, and amazingly supple and plump for a grand cru from this vintage, without any loss of shape. The back end is like a booster rocket of fruits and flowers, which cover the wine's acidity and noble tannins today. I'd love to taste this next to the Clos Vougeot in ten years' time.

2008 Bruno Clavelier Vosne Romanee Brulees $99.99 x2 BH 90-93 Good full red. Red raspberry and cherry aromas lifted by spices. Juicy and tightly wound, with a firm mineral spine giving this premier cru an impression of austerity compared to the village offerings. But this youthfully closed wine is quite suave. Finishes with silky tannins and a building floral element. This will need five or six years in the cellar

2008 Hubert Lignier Gevrey Combottes $109.99 x5 Neal Martin 93

2008 Mongeard Mugneret Echezeaux $69.99 x7 Grand Cru value of the vintage!

2009 Albert Morot Beaune Bressandes $39.99 x4 BH 92

2009 Faiveley Echezeaux $109.99 x3 Serious effort!

2009 Faiveley Clos de Corton $429.99 x1 Mag Tanzer 97+ Good bright dark red. Perfumed, profound aromas and flavors of red cherry, rose oil, minerals and crushed stone, with darker berries emerging with air. Like liquid velvet on the palate--lush dense and incredibly fine-grained. Most impressive today on the extraordinary expanding, palate-staining finish, which rises to a crescendo of spices and minerals. A wine of great thrust and chewiness, this is hard to scrape off the palate. An essence of Corton grand cru.

2009 d'Angerville Volnay Champans $109.99 x10 BH 94 Outstanding! An incredibly complex, fresh and seductively perfumed nose offers up a wonderfully layered set of ripe red berry fruit, cassis, mineral and spice aromas that introduce sappy and lacy yet serious middle weight flavors that possess both excellent power and fine volume, all wrapped in a magnificently long finish. The tannins are quite firm yet they're also well-integrated as the abundant dry extract pushes them to the background. In a word, sensational.

2009 d'Angerville Volany Clos des Duc $169.99 x1 BH 95 Outstanding! A fresh, perfumed and relatively high-toned nose of elegant and ultra-pure red pinot fruit that is liberally laced with stone and soil nuances merges seamlessly into rich, detailed and precise flavors that ooze a wet stone character on the energetic, hugely complex and explosively long finish. This is almost always a classy effort but in 2009 it is also beautifully stylish despite the tannins being notably firm. This has the concentration and balance to age for several decades and while it's probably not going to outlive the '05, it's an unusually structured 2009. If you can find this stunning effort, buy it.

2009 Henri Gouges Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Les Chênes Carteaux $49.99 x3 Great value!

2009 Jadot Vosne Chaumes $59.99 x 8 Compare at $100+ stunning bottle

2010 Hudelot Noellat Vosne Romanee $49.99 x 9 Strong effort! BH This is also reduced but there is an elegant and very pure mouth feel to the sophisticated and silky medium-bodied flavors that are blessed with fine balance on the dusty and lingering finish. This is also a lovely villages and I very much like the style plus it should amply reward mid-term cellaring.
ITB

Mattstolz

#1070 Post by Mattstolz » October 13th, 2019, 7:51 am

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 8:10 am
I also requested this one. haven't heard anything yet...

some of the offers recently have definitely been balla offers. Was glad to see a good QPR one come through.

YLee

#1071 Post by YLee » October 13th, 2019, 7:56 am

Mattstolz wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 7:51 am
Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 8:10 am

some of the offers recently have definitely been balla offers. Was glad to see a good QPR one come through.
My email from them you had to buy it yourself by clicking the link.
-¥ 0 ñ 9

Mattstolz

#1072 Post by Mattstolz » October 13th, 2019, 9:03 am

YLee wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 7:56 am
Mattstolz wrote:

interesting. mine said "to order click the link below or email us back"

YLee

#1073 Post by YLee » October 13th, 2019, 9:20 am

Mattstolz wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 9:03 am
YLee wrote:
Mattstolz wrote:

I looked at the email again. You are correct.
-¥ 0 ñ 9

Mattstolz

#1074 Post by Mattstolz » October 13th, 2019, 9:35 am

YLee wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 9:20 am
Mattstolz wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 9:03 am
YLee wrote:

I looked at the email again. You are correct.
Im honestly not sure why I did it through email now that I think about it. old habit I guess... would probably have been more straightforward to just go through the website.

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1075 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » October 14th, 2019, 3:05 pm

New cellar is pretty pricey.

julianseersmartin

#1076 Post by julianseersmartin » October 14th, 2019, 3:11 pm

Eyewatering

Jeremy C
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1077 Post by Jeremy C » October 14th, 2019, 3:22 pm

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 3:05 pm
New cellar is pretty pricey.
Agreed. Seems to be a pattern.
Cuth.bert.son

Mattstolz

#1078 Post by Mattstolz » October 14th, 2019, 3:27 pm

maybe they're already preparing for the tariffs?

m. ristev

#1079 Post by m. ristev » October 14th, 2019, 4:42 pm

i got an email for 08 cristal at $229.99 prearrival when w-s standard shows two listings at $224 in stock. what exactly does US low pricing even mean [pwn.gif]
mајкл

RyanC
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1080 Post by RyanC » October 14th, 2019, 4:43 pm

I put in for the 01 Chevillon LSG. I’ll take 20 yrs of aging for the same price (or less) than current vintage.
C@ughey

Ethan Abraham
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1081 Post by Ethan Abraham » October 14th, 2019, 5:02 pm

A lot of those chevillons went for much cheaper in Mark's auction (the quantities don't quite match though so I don't think they are reselling those)

Brian G r a f s t r o m

#1082 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » October 15th, 2019, 2:35 pm

It would appear part of Envoyer's tariff strategy is going to be a focus on Italy.

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

Warren Taranow
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1083 Post by Warren Taranow » October 15th, 2019, 3:52 pm

m. ristev wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 4:42 pm
i got an email for 08 cristal at $229.99 prearrival when w-s standard shows two listings at $224 in stock. what exactly does US low pricing even mean [pwn.gif]
IMO, $229 is a great price from a known entity. One of the two listings on WSPro was for futures, case purchases only, not single bottle and not in stock. The other one was indeed $224. The typical and the average prices around the country are much more.

Cheers,
Warren
Last edited by Warren Taranow on October 15th, 2019, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If the only prayer you ever uttered was thank you, it would suffice."
Meister Eckhart c. 1260 – c. 1328

CT - WST

YLee

#1084 Post by YLee » October 15th, 2019, 4:19 pm

2 months ago I got 08 and 09 Cristal from Vinfolio for $170 and $180 respectively. That was fun.
-¥ 0 ñ 9

m. ristev

#1085 Post by m. ristev » October 15th, 2019, 4:28 pm

it seems like a lot of these offers operate on making customers *feel* as if they are in the know and indeed getting a good deal. also, w-s is no longer a barometer of what a veritable deal actually is.
mајкл

Mich@el Ch@ng
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1086 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng » October 15th, 2019, 4:35 pm

Woods and redd collection had for 224
Warren Taranow wrote:
October 15th, 2019, 3:52 pm
m. ristev wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 4:42 pm
IMO, $229 is a great price from a known entity. One of the two listings on WSPro was for futures, case purchases only, not single bottle and not in stock. The other one was indeed $224. The typical and the average prices around the country is much more.

Cheers,
Warren

Mattstolz

#1087 Post by Mattstolz » October 15th, 2019, 7:18 pm

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
October 15th, 2019, 2:35 pm
It would appear part of Envoyer's tariff strategy is going to be a focus on Italy.
could be worse strategies.

Steve Brickley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1088 Post by Steve Brickley » November 12th, 2019, 7:52 am

John J wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 5:26 pm
Anyone grab any of the 2004 Daniel-Etienne Defaix Chablis 1er Cru Les Lys?
Delivered and had it. A beautiful wine especially given the price at $40. Greg has more coming in 2020 so I bought again. I do see the 2005 is out, but not at Envoyer (yet).
Steve

Jeff P

#1089 Post by Jeff P » November 12th, 2019, 9:10 am

Steve Brickley wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 7:52 am
John J wrote:
September 5th, 2019, 5:26 pm
Anyone grab any of the 2004 Daniel-Etienne Defaix Chablis 1er Cru Les Lys?
Delivered and had it. A beautiful wine especially given the price at $40. Greg has more coming in 2020 so I bought again. I do see the 2005 is out, but not at Envoyer (yet).
Second that
Jeff P@ren+

Brian G r a f s t r o m

#1090 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » November 12th, 2019, 5:06 pm

Anyone have experience with the Le Macchiole Paleo Rosso? Only thing giving me pause is some high(er) abvs listed in CT notes for some past vintages.

AD Northup
GCC Member
GCC Member

#1091 Post by AD Northup » November 12th, 2019, 5:17 pm

November 12th, 2019, 5:06 pm
Anyone have experience with the Le Macchiole Paleo Rosso? Only thing giving me pause is some high(er) abvs listed in CT notes for some past vintages.
Didn’t get that offer. What’s the vintage/price?
A n d r e w N o r t h u p

WsOTY:
1994 Edmunds St. John Les Côtes Sauvages
2016 P. S. Garcia Grenache Piedra Lisa
2010 Ridge Lytton Springs
2002 Perrier-Jouet Belle Epoque

Brian G r a f s t r o m

#1092 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » November 12th, 2019, 6:21 pm

AD Northup wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 5:17 pm
Didn’t get that offer. What’s the vintage/price?
$100

Andrew A r n t f i e l d

#1093 Post by Andrew A r n t f i e l d » November 13th, 2019, 8:04 am

In my experience, the Paleo is generally a very long-lived wine that probably doesn't hit its peak for at least 15 years. A friend opened a 2007 with me a few weeks ago and it was still a tannic beast, even after 24 hours. I also opened a 2004 in 2015 (11 years post-vintage) and felt it needed more time. I'm sitting on the rest of my 2004s and haven't touched any of my more recent vintages.

Paleo pre-2001 was a Bordeaux blend and not the 100% Cab Franc that it is now. So this may not be entirely relevant to discussions about current vintages of Paleo, but I opened a couple bottles of the 1996 in 2016 and they were in a perfect spot, 20 years post-vintage.

In terms of ABV, it's a big but well-structured wine that hides the alcohol well.

Brian G r a f s t r o m

#1094 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » November 13th, 2019, 9:59 am

Thank you, Andrew. [cheers.gif]

Return to “Wine Talk”