El Yummo! 2011 Volnay "Fremiets" (D'Angerville)

2011 Volnay “Fremiets” (D’Angerville)
Light/medium red with an amber edge.
Fine nose of red fruits, resin and spearmint.
Elegant, high toned, cherry/cranberry fruit entry led to a long, spicy finish.
A feminine wine and an excellent example of a 2011.
Although luscious now, this wine will continue to improve.
A winner! flirtysmile
[92+ pts]

TTT

Great note Paul. Think d’Angerville did well in '11. I just picked up a '11 Fremiets yesterday at a local. Keen to try it later in the year.

Fremiets is often overlooked in d’Angerville’s 1er cru range, due to iron in the soil, making it more “muscular”.

Based on the thread title, I was expecting an EVOO TN.

Was this back before they sold for +100$? Trying to determine “value” here.

That sounds really 2011 and really good, Paul. 2011 Volnays are very enjoyable drinking at age seven. I had the Bitouzet-Prieur Pitures last week and it was much like you describe this D’Angerville. I just ordered some 2011 Voillot Volnays to sample as the prices are beginning to look good versus current releases (due to shortages and the exchange). Your note includes “spearmint,” which may be a characteristic of the vintage and is something I enjoy. As Jeremy Seysses says, that character in a wine is most enjoyable, but it is the kiss of death for marketing them.

Thread drift, but you have been a long-time advocate of the Camus-Bruchon wines, and I have tried them from time-to-time and have come to greatly enjoy them, culminating in the 2014s. In recent years, I don’t believe that I have had better red Burgundy for the money than those 2014s. For whatever reason, the California importer discounted them such that the retail price for even the 1er crus was close to $30. In any event, your recommendation of the wines has been spot on. Disclaimer: I now sell Camus-Bruchon wines.

I picked this up for 70ish. Not sure if that’s “value” though.

Markus, d’Angerville wines have caught up in prices. No longer a “value” it used to be. Taillepieds 2015 was offered for $200!

Also scored at this price point.
And yes, D’Angerville has rapidly ramped up over the last couple of years… [cry.gif]

TTT

With the NBA stars chasing this, its getting out of reach for the rest of us!