TN: 2017 Dirty and Rowdy Mourvedre UNFAMILIAR (USA, California)

Fresh off the FedEx truck. Enjoy! [cheers.gif]

• 2017 Dirty and Rowdy Mourvedre UNFAMILIAR - USA, California (4/10/2018)
    Pours like a Pinot, light cranberry, tastes like rose petal flavored hard candy, finishes with a healthy dose of chalk. 12.5% abv, fresh, racy, 100% smile inducing.

Posted from CellarTracker

I read Hardy’s winemaking notes on this - surprised he didn’t call this one his ‘problem child’ :slight_smile: Glad to hear it’s showing well . . .

That’s a sick note!

Thanks for the timely tasting note, Brian!!!

I wasn’t sure exactly what to expect from this wine. It sounds like it would be a great warm day sipper. :slight_smile:

Dirty’s been Pobega’d.
Thanks for a (very) early look!

Mine should be here tomorrow. Pretty excited to give them a try!

That’s a great note. Stoked to get mine later this week.

I’ve got a few arriving soon. Sounds like fun!

Brian- Thanks for the note! I’m glad you dug it-- Pobega’d like a champ!

We think people are going to have a lot of fun with this wine.

One note for everyone with the whites- The Chenin and Vio love some air- Decant 45min or so and serve cool slightly cooler. (I forgot that in the release notes)

Opened a 16 merlot last night and boy did I enjoy it! Can’t wait for round 2 this evening

I popped one of these yesterday after doing some yard-work and it disappeared really fast. Brian’s note sums it up perfectly. Very tasty and dangerously drinkable! [cheers.gif]

Popped one last night; was great right out of the bottle and today tried it a bit chilled and it was fantastic!

I would love to hear/read anyone’s Impressions on the Dirty & RowdyUnfamiliar” California Mourvèdre after 24, 36, 48 hours…

Personally, I don’t think there is a need to take this one out that long. It pops on day one and day 2, drinks well on day 3, and is a bit tired on day 4. Keep in mind this is a lower priced, early drinking wine…

It’s been 61 hrs since I drank the bottle and my impressions have not wavered. [wink.gif]

It’ll never happen unless you pour a glass then get kidnapped for a weekend or longer. Don’t fight it, just go with it.

Whoa. Just popped my first bottle, and I think I’m enjoying it even more than the ‘16 shake ridge but we’ll see if that stands true after the shake ridge gets a little more rest. But hot dang the Unfamiliar is tasty. Sad I only have 4 moar!

Man these notes are getting me stoked to pop one. Think I am going give one a whirl this weekend.

Convinced me to pick a couple

You guys got some catching up to do, we’re finishing up bottle two tonight.
9C90E650-7941-4F07-83B9-18D6E770F465.jpeg

Paired our first bottle with Prime Rib and Sweet Potatoes this past weekend, and it was fantastic. Drunk over ~4 hours and the wife and I saw both saw evolution in the glass towards the chalk flavor Brian mentions after about 45 minutes of air. We enjoyed it right out of the gate, but really started to enjoy it about an hour in.