TN: 2016 Sandler Wine Company Pinot Noir Cuvée Marcy

Got these earlier today so my first official Pobega for the year.

• 2016 Sandler Wine Company Pinot Noir Cuvée Marcy - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (4/10/2018)
    Darker than most Sandler Pinots. A nose of creamy blackberries with a hint of soft blueberries; Quite nice. Palate shows a refined styling typical of the Keefer vineyard. This is a ‘quiet’ and lovely Russian River pinot devoid of any cola notes.With vigorous swirl I get some sweet menthol like a C.Howards candy I do so like to find. Great balance on this; tannins are stealthy and acidity riding the cusp. Fresh and pure with a long and precise finish. Sandler has been and remains an amazing value in today’s market and it’s winemaker could very well be one of the most talented I am aware of, today Pure awesome. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Wow, you already popped one of these! Would you recommend opening now or waiting?

Unlike the Chalone Boer, which usually needs time, this can be enjoyed now, and actually is at this very moment.
:slight_smile:

Thanks so much for this note! I got one of these on the B-Day offer, and I have been itching to try one of the 2016 wines, even though I know they are quite young. Sounds like this one may be a good bet!

I pobega’ed the Santa Lucia Highlands PN. Tasty and fun.

Thanks for the note Mike. Glad that you drank something good yesterday! [wink.gif]