Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

Tasting notes, varietals, grapes - anything related to wine
Message
Author
User avatar
David Glasser
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 6230
Joined: August 16th, 2009, 6:03 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#451 Post by David Glasser » July 1st, 2019, 3:06 pm

Since it’s the half-way point in the year, I checked YTD purchases and consumption. I was surprised to find I’ve bought exactly the same number of bottles as I’ve consumed from the cellar.

User avatar
PaulMills
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1956
Joined: July 11th, 2012, 4:54 pm
Location: Greenville, SC

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#452 Post by PaulMills » July 1st, 2019, 6:59 pm

We have consumed 13 fewer bottles and purchased 36 fewer bottle than this time last year. Drinking less and buying less.

For the month of June it was a purchase of five and consumption of 10 (dinner party).

Sarah Kirschbaum
Posts: 2416
Joined: September 20th, 2010, 11:53 am

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#453 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum » July 2nd, 2019, 12:09 am

We were away for the last 10 days of June, and, though we consumed a lot, none of it was from our cellar. Still, we managed a slight reduction:

Bought: 21
Consumed: 28
Net: -7

maureen nelson
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2244
Joined: June 21st, 2009, 5:12 pm

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#454 Post by maureen nelson » July 2nd, 2019, 6:03 am

Bought 4, consumed 12.

For 2019, I have consumed 72 and bought 74. A dozen of those bottles are birth year wines for my grand niece and nephew and five are rhys mags i donate every year so they don’t count, right?

User avatar
Paul McCourt
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 16222
Joined: June 7th, 2009, 9:03 pm

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#455 Post by Paul McCourt » July 2nd, 2019, 7:38 am

Bought 36. I think. Could be more.
Consumed 25

Fail.
Again.

Futures don’t count, right?
PauLeeeenda 2020: Tasty Waves and a Cool Buzz for America

Jonathan Loesberg
Posts: 1644
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 5:59 am

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#456 Post by Jonathan Loesberg » July 2nd, 2019, 8:50 am

As someone who doesn't play this game here (though I do want to reduce my cellar), my rules say that futures count as do wines bought for someone else. The issue is wines in and wines out. Futures will be coming in, even if they aren't there yet. On the other hand, those wines for someone else will be outgoing when they have gone out. Now they are just speculatively outgoing. Of course, futures are speculative too (as Premier Cru proved), but that just means that, should a speculation fall through, you get to count as outgoing wines you didn't really consume.
Last edited by Jonathan Loesberg on July 3rd, 2019, 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Paul McCourt
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 16222
Joined: June 7th, 2009, 9:03 pm

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#457 Post by Paul McCourt » July 2nd, 2019, 12:47 pm

Damn. OK. I failed miserably then.
PauLeeeenda 2020: Tasty Waves and a Cool Buzz for America

User avatar
David Glasser
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 6230
Joined: August 16th, 2009, 6:03 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#458 Post by David Glasser » July 3rd, 2019, 12:57 pm

I've been counting purchases when I make them, not when I receive them. And consumption only when a bottle is consumed, given away, sold, or missing and presumed drunk.

User avatar
Jim Erwin
Posts: 274
Joined: May 30th, 2011, 1:29 pm
Location: Vermont

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#459 Post by Jim Erwin » July 3rd, 2019, 1:05 pm

June 2019: +28
Purchased: 46
Consumed: 18

YTD Total: +65
YTD Purchased: 238
YTD Consumed: 173

maureen nelson
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2244
Joined: June 21st, 2009, 5:12 pm

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#460 Post by maureen nelson » July 3rd, 2019, 4:23 pm

Jonathan Loesberg wrote:
July 2nd, 2019, 8:50 am
As someone who doesn't play this game here (though I do want to reduce my cellar), my rules say that futures count as do wines bought for someone else. The issue is wines in and wines out. Futures will be coming in, even if they aren't there yet. On the other hand, those wines for someone else will be outgoing when they have gone out. Now they are just speculatively outgoing. Of course, futures are speculative too (as Premier Cru proved), but that just means that, should a speculation fall through, you get to count as outgoing wines you didn't really consume.
Hey, Professor, it’s my plan, I make the rules!

Of course your rules are the same as mine. But i set them out much earlier.

Jonathan Loesberg
Posts: 1644
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 5:59 am

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#461 Post by Jonathan Loesberg » July 3rd, 2019, 4:26 pm

Anyone can make rules. As Monty Python might say, these are the rules that are mine. No one has to follow them.

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4332
Joined: February 19th, 2010, 2:01 pm

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#462 Post by Tom G l a s g o w » July 3rd, 2019, 5:56 pm

Jonathan Loesberg wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 4:26 pm
Anyone can make rules. As Monty Python might say, these are the rules that are mine. No one has to follow them.
Especially you.

Joel Pulver
Posts: 127
Joined: June 17th, 2009, 5:35 pm
Location: Phoenix

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#463 Post by Joel Pulver » July 3rd, 2019, 9:40 pm

I count bottles when they arrive. I don't count split allocations where I bought wine for someone else and am temporarily storing it.

Next stop ... 350

Jonathan Loesberg
Posts: 1644
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 5:59 am

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#464 Post by Jonathan Loesberg » July 4th, 2019, 6:30 am

Tom G l a s g o w wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 5:56 pm
Jonathan Loesberg wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 4:26 pm
Anyone can make rules. As Monty Python might say, these are the rules that are mine. No one has to follow them.
Especially you.
Well, of course, people don't have to follow their own rules. If they did, legislatures and the judiciary couldn't exist. I do follow mine, though.

User avatar
Scott Brunson
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 8494
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 2:55 am
Location: in between coastal SC and south FL

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#465 Post by Scott Brunson » July 4th, 2019, 6:45 am

Well, I did inventory yesterday (comparing physical inventory to CT inventory). [head-bang.gif]
Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
On CT, I'm S1

User avatar
Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 13685
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Jersey City

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#466 Post by Jay Miller » July 29th, 2019, 11:29 am

july was quiet

4 opened
2 purchased

Beginning: 591
Goal: 600
Current 589
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

User avatar
AndrewH
Posts: 2242
Joined: May 14th, 2010, 1:34 pm

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#467 Post by AndrewH » July 29th, 2019, 12:49 pm

PaulMills wrote:
July 1st, 2019, 6:59 pm
We have consumed 13 fewer bottles and purchased 36 fewer bottle than this time last year. Drinking less and buying less.
Seems like that's a half-right approach.

You can reduce inventory quite easily just by drinking more!
Andrew H e i m e r t

User avatar
etomasi
Posts: 949
Joined: November 22nd, 2013, 11:48 am
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#468 Post by etomasi » July 29th, 2019, 12:53 pm

yeah, still bad. 200-ish purchased, Low 80s drunk.
---
Eric Tomasi
CT: Ericindc

jon leifer
Posts: 383
Joined: May 11th, 2010, 9:14 pm

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#469 Post by jon leifer » July 29th, 2019, 3:37 pm

10 consumed for July, 0 purchases.so minus 10 for month but still have a few nights to go..Beer drinking might have reduced the wine consumption by a bottle or 2.
Jon

User avatar
David Glasser
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 6230
Joined: August 16th, 2009, 6:03 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#470 Post by David Glasser » July 30th, 2019, 5:12 am

Drank: 12
Bought: ZERO

WINNING!

User avatar
Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 13685
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Jersey City

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#471 Post by Jay Miller » July 30th, 2019, 7:08 am

Jon and David - [welldone.gif]
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

Sarah Kirschbaum
Posts: 2416
Joined: September 20th, 2010, 11:53 am

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#472 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum » July 31st, 2019, 6:10 am

Not so great this month. A lot of requests from earlier in the year got fulfilled in July, along with some good finds, and a half case of prosecco for spritzes. We did our best to make up for it!

Purchased: 61
Consumed: 46
Net: +15

These figures do not count a 6 for 6 vintage trade on some chablis.

User avatar
alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 11586
Joined: April 25th, 2009, 1:23 pm

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#473 Post by alan weinberg » July 31st, 2019, 6:55 am

Sarah Kirschbaum wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 6:10 am
Not so great this month. A lot of requests from earlier in the year got fulfilled in July, along with some good finds, and a half case of prosecco for spritzes. We did our best to make up for it!

Purchased: 61
Consumed: 46
Net: +15

These figures do not count a 6 for 6 vintage trade on some chablis.
7 months into the year it’s time to see yearly, not just monthly, “progress.”

User avatar
Mark Golodetz
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5952
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#474 Post by Mark Golodetz » July 31st, 2019, 7:19 am

I think I may win this month. + 40 minus 7000 give or take. (Going to auction).
ITB
I could agree with you, but then we both would be wrong.

Jonathan Loesberg
Posts: 1644
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 5:59 am

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#475 Post by Jonathan Loesberg » July 31st, 2019, 7:43 am

I'm not sure eviscerating one's cellar should count. You just rid yourself of more wine, by an order of magnitude or two, than many of us own.

Sarah Kirschbaum
Posts: 2416
Joined: September 20th, 2010, 11:53 am

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#476 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum » July 31st, 2019, 10:51 am

alan weinberg wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 6:55 am
Sarah Kirschbaum wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 6:10 am
Not so great this month. A lot of requests from earlier in the year got fulfilled in July, along with some good finds, and a half case of prosecco for spritzes. We did our best to make up for it!

Purchased: 61
Consumed: 46
Net: +15

These figures do not count a 6 for 6 vintage trade on some chablis.
7 months into the year it’s time to see yearly, not just monthly, “progress.”
You just want to rub it in. Allow me my small triumphs! :)

User avatar
alan weinberg
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 11586
Joined: April 25th, 2009, 1:23 pm

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#477 Post by alan weinberg » July 31st, 2019, 12:04 pm

Sarah Kirschbaum wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 10:51 am
alan weinberg wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 6:55 am
Sarah Kirschbaum wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 6:10 am
Not so great this month. A lot of requests from earlier in the year got fulfilled in July, along with some good finds, and a half case of prosecco for spritzes. We did our best to make up for it!

Purchased: 61
Consumed: 46
Net: +15

These figures do not count a 6 for 6 vintage trade on some chablis.
7 months into the year it’s time to see yearly, not just monthly, “progress.”
You just want to rub it in. Allow me my small triumphs! :)
I must admit tiny vicarious pleasures in seeing that I am not the sole addicted oenophile. I just admit I’m hopeless.

maureen nelson
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2244
Joined: June 21st, 2009, 5:12 pm

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#478 Post by maureen nelson » July 31st, 2019, 8:05 pm

Bought 12 (almost all sparkling, i.e., Rhys and 08 Bolly), consumed 20. Now true some of that was due to some inventorying but that counts, right?

User avatar
Jim Erwin
Posts: 274
Joined: May 30th, 2011, 1:29 pm
Location: Vermont

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#479 Post by Jim Erwin » August 1st, 2019, 6:51 am

July 2019: -12
Purchased: 14
Consumed: 26

YTD Total: +54
YTD Purchased: 249
YTD Consumed: 195

Jonathan Loesberg
Posts: 1644
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 5:59 am

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#480 Post by Jonathan Loesberg » August 1st, 2019, 7:15 am

maureen nelson wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 8:05 pm
Bought 12 (almost all sparkling, i.e., Rhys and 08 Bolly), consumed 20. Now true some of that was due to some inventorying but that counts, right?
Dunno. How does inventory produce consumption? If your inventory showed you as having fewer bottles than you thought you had, maybe because you drank something and forgot or hadn't bought something you thought you had, then it does as the prior is consumption and the failure is unfulfilled expectation of acquisition. But it might not count as consumption. These things must be kept straight. Of course, if it's just that the stress of inventorying led you to drink more, then that would be straightforward consumption.

michael ottesen
Posts: 429
Joined: February 15th, 2014, 7:49 am
Location: Copenhagen Denmark

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#481 Post by michael ottesen » August 1st, 2019, 7:57 am

I have about 600 bottles in my cellar,
but i dont keep track of how much i
Buy and drink,to many worries,but
the count seems to level out fine.

User avatar
D@vid Bu3ker
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 31796
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 8:06 am
Location: Connecticut

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#482 Post by D@vid Bu3ker » August 1st, 2019, 7:58 am

Through July, 2019 Consumption is 26% higher than 2019 Purchasing.

2019 is also on track to be my lowest overall purchase year since 2010.

This is a good trend.
David Bueker - Rieslingfan

Joel Pulver
Posts: 127
Joined: June 17th, 2009, 5:35 pm
Location: Phoenix

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#483 Post by Joel Pulver » August 1st, 2019, 9:13 am

July 1: 369
August 1: 360

Drank: 17
Bought: 8

Final Goal: 275

User avatar
dsimmons
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 589
Joined: January 7th, 2017, 11:51 am
Location: Anchorage, AK and Rockport, TX

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#484 Post by dsimmons » August 1st, 2019, 10:35 am

Another good month for me:

Consumed Purchased Net
July 35 15 -20
YTD 202 105 -97
D o n

User avatar
Mike Grammer
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 6043
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 7:19 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#485 Post by Mike Grammer » August 1st, 2019, 11:21 am

Jonathan Loesberg wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 4:26 pm
Anyone can make rules. As Monty Python might say, these are the rules that are mine. No one has to follow them.
I put it a different way. Exceptions are the rules the exceptional people make.

Dreadful last month for me---24 purchased, 6 or 7 consumed. But WineFest is only a year away....that will make things *much* better! Still, after 10 years had to finally buckle and buy another small (60 bottles or so) fridge for the inventory.

User avatar
Craig G
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 14233
Joined: March 6th, 2011, 10:57 am
Location: Town of Cats

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#486 Post by Craig G » August 1st, 2019, 7:10 pm

Mark Golodetz wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 7:19 am
I think I may win this month. + 40 minus 7000 give or take. (Going to auction).
Wait... what? How many did you have?
“You need to look down to the bottom shelf where they keep the Fighting Cock” — Corey N.

C. Gle@son

User avatar
Mark Golodetz
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5952
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#487 Post by Mark Golodetz » August 2nd, 2019, 4:14 am

Left enough for several years of happy drinking, but it is time to think of downsizing and retirement
ITB
I could agree with you, but then we both would be wrong.

User avatar
Merrill Lindquist
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 10711
Joined: July 22nd, 2009, 6:58 pm
Location: Calistoga, Napa Valley, CA

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#488 Post by Merrill Lindquist » August 2nd, 2019, 5:45 am

My goal has been to downsize my EMH library - that will happen when I celebrate National Black Cat Appreciation Day on August 17th.

The other part of my plan is to build up my stash of Champagne - and I am doing a decent job of that. I was late into the game of collecting (or amassing), and am far too young to be dialing it back. champagne.gif
Merrill
EMH Vineyards - Home of the Black Cat
email:Merrill@EMHVineyards.com

User avatar
David Mc
Posts: 138
Joined: May 21st, 2014, 4:19 pm
Location: Maryland, DC Suburbs

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#489 Post by David Mc » August 2nd, 2019, 2:29 pm

Merrill Lindquist wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 5:45 am
My goal has been to downsize my EMH library - that will happen when I celebrate National Black Cat Appreciation Day on August 17th.

The other part of my plan is to build up my stash of Champagne - and I am doing a decent job of that. I was late into the game of collecting (or amassing), and am far too young to be dialing it back. champagne.gif
Would those be available to Berserkers first??
Mc = M c I n t i r e

User avatar
Merrill Lindquist
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 10711
Joined: July 22nd, 2009, 6:58 pm
Location: Calistoga, Napa Valley, CA

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#490 Post by Merrill Lindquist » August 2nd, 2019, 5:43 pm

David Mc wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 2:29 pm
Merrill Lindquist wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 5:45 am
My goal has been to downsize my EMH library - that will happen when I celebrate National Black Cat Appreciation Day on August 17th.

The other part of my plan is to builnd up my stash of Champagne - and I am doing a decent job of that. I was late into the game of collecting (or amassing), and am far too young to be dialing it back. champagne.gif
Would those be available to Berserkers first??
Yes, look at my thread on Commerce Corner.
Sorry - my answer was misleading. The Special Pricing will be open on the 17th to anyone who wishes to purchase - first come, first served. The pricing will be on the website from 12:00 a.m. until 11:59 p.m. on the 17th.
Last edited by Merrill Lindquist on August 3rd, 2019, 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merrill
EMH Vineyards - Home of the Black Cat
email:Merrill@EMHVineyards.com

maureen nelson
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2244
Joined: June 21st, 2009, 5:12 pm

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#491 Post by maureen nelson » August 2nd, 2019, 7:34 pm

Jonathan Loesberg wrote:
August 1st, 2019, 7:15 am
maureen nelson wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 8:05 pm
Bought 12 (almost all sparkling, i.e., Rhys and 08 Bolly), consumed 20. Now true some of that was due to some inventorying but that counts, right?
Dunno. How does inventory produce consumption? If your inventory showed you as having fewer bottles than you thought you had, maybe because you drank something and forgot or hadn't bought something you thought you had, then it does as the prior is consumption and the failure is unfulfilled expectation of acquisition. But it might not count as consumption. These things must be kept straight. Of course, if it's just that the stress of inventorying led you to drink more, then that would be straightforward consumption.
I’ve read your post twice and am not certain I understand what you said. Perhaps my years of interpreting the Internal Revenue Code, Treasury regulations, court opinions and contracts haven’t prepared me with sufficient reading comprehension skills. But if the goal is to reduce the absolute number of bottles of wine I own, then anything that accomplishes that - whether drinking, donating or breaking - counts as “consumption” - and remember these are my rules.

User avatar
Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 17953
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 12:54 am
Location: westside

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#492 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » August 2nd, 2019, 9:04 pm

Jay Miller wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 6:32 am
January - purchased 9, consumed 7

Beginning: 644
Goal: 600
Current 628

This might not look like success but I take solace in not having bought a single bottle of wine on BDay despite multiple temptations.

And all 9 purchases were "special circumstances". Some Drouhin I agreed to purchase from a friend over a year ago and which he just handed over, some Prager Bodenstein at a 50% off sale, and some limited release Sherry (only 500 bottles made) which will be unobtainable in a few years.
... spill it. ... which Sherry?
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

Jonathan Loesberg
Posts: 1644
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 5:59 am

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#493 Post by Jonathan Loesberg » August 3rd, 2019, 7:38 am

To the extent that you care, Maureen, just explain how the inventorying led to fewer bottles and I, Judge Jonathan, will make a ruling as to whether it counts as consumption or loss due to prior miscalculation (either way, it's a genuine cellara reduction). But, as an IRS specialist, I am sure you are familiar with regulations that let companies (at least publishing companies, according to Gail) take losses that arise from merely recalculating how they describe what their inventory is. I'm not sure I would allow that.

User avatar
Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 13685
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Jersey City

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#494 Post by Jay Miller » August 3rd, 2019, 8:03 am

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 9:04 pm
Jay Miller wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 6:32 am
January - purchased 9, consumed 7

Beginning: 644
Goal: 600
Current 628

This might not look like success but I take solace in not having bought a single bottle of wine on BDay despite multiple temptations.

And all 9 purchases were "special circumstances". Some Drouhin I agreed to purchase from a friend over a year ago and which he just handed over, some Prager Bodenstein at a 50% off sale, and some limited release Sherry (only 500 bottles made) which will be unobtainable in a few years.
... spill it. ... which Sherry?
all you need to do is cross reference with the what did you purchase thread for january and you'll have your answer.

but since today's youth wants everything handed to them on a silver platter (see curmudgeon thread) i suppose I'll have to let you know that it was the wonderful 2000 valdespino macharnudo PC.
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

User avatar
Brian G r a f s t r o m
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 17953
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 12:54 am
Location: westside

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#495 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » August 3rd, 2019, 9:28 am

Yeah ... I really don't care enough to go through all that work. [rofl.gif]

Thanks for letting me know, and thanks for considering me a "youth"! [dance-clap.gif] [berserker.gif]
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

Ron Erickson
Posts: 4476
Joined: April 26th, 2010, 4:18 pm

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#496 Post by Ron Erickson » August 3rd, 2019, 7:19 pm

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 9:28 am
Yeah ... I really don't care enough to go through all that work. [rofl.gif]

Thanks for letting me know, and thanks for considering me a "youth"! [dance-clap.gif] [berserker.gif]
Are you it isn't ute?


Ron Erickson
Posts: 4476
Joined: April 26th, 2010, 4:18 pm

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#497 Post by Ron Erickson » August 3rd, 2019, 7:20 pm

Ron Erickson wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 7:19 pm
Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 9:28 am
Yeah ... I really don't care enough to go through all that work. [rofl.gif]

Thanks for letting me know, and thanks for considering me a "youth"! [dance-clap.gif] [berserker.gif]
Are you sure it isn't ute?


User avatar
David Baum
Posts: 282
Joined: August 24th, 2017, 5:26 pm
Location: Carlsbad CA

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#498 Post by David Baum » August 3rd, 2019, 8:13 pm

Drank more then usual this month. Bought a lot more than usual. May be in need of an intervention

User avatar
cjsavino
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4869
Joined: April 29th, 2010, 5:00 pm
Location: Cranford NJ

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#499 Post by cjsavino » August 7th, 2019, 5:41 pm

Alright Berserkers, I have a solution for your cellar inventory reduction plan. I work with a charity www.waterforpeople.org that helps to provide safe drinking water in less fortunate areas of the world. Our local chapter has an annual Turning Wine into Water dinner with a silent auction. If you have bottles that are no longer your style or just do not need, we would be glad to take a donation. Box it up and will send you a shipping label.

PM me if you want to donate a bottle or two.
Chris
Image

Sarah Kirschbaum
Posts: 2416
Joined: September 20th, 2010, 11:53 am

Re: Monthly check-in: Cellar inventory reduction plan

#500 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum » August 10th, 2019, 6:47 am

alan weinberg wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 12:04 pm
Sarah Kirschbaum wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 10:51 am
alan weinberg wrote:
July 31st, 2019, 6:55 am
7 months into the year it’s time to see yearly, not just monthly, “progress.”
You just want to rub it in. Allow me my small triumphs! :)
I must admit tiny vicarious pleasures in seeing that I am not the sole addicted oenophile. I just admit I’m hopeless.
I finally did look at the YTD figures in CT and can proudly say that we're on track to have bought less than half the number of bottles of our next "best" year, and about a third as many as an average year. That's based on purchases since I got married and caught the case-purchase bug from my husband. I expect we'll never stop completely, but am feeling confident this level is the new normal, give or take.

Post Reply

Return to “Wine Talk”