Two Nice Paetras

My first two Paetras from a Berserker Day case. Not sure any will survive the year to see how they age as they are so tasty to drink now!

• 2016 Paetra Riesling Dry - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Yamhill-Carlton (3/31/2018)
    Pale green-gold color that has a viscous appearance. Nose of pear and nectarine along with some dried flower and dried grass. Off-dry sweetness, resembling a Spaetlese Trocken, with pear, satsuma mandarin and mineral. Very solid wine and honestly quite gluggable. My second Paetra riesling. I’d rate it slightly below the “K”, but this would grace any table where a riesling was needed. Very Good. (89 pts.)
  • 2016 Paetra Riesling “K” - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (3/27/2018)
    Pale green-gold color. Stoney pear nose. Medium-lightweight mouthfeel with ruby grapefruit well tempered with mineral and pear. A really delicious profile that you could drink all day and night. Very Good.
    Edit Day 2: The grapefruit has morphed more into a satsuma mandarin taste, really giving more of a German Kabinett profile than it had yesterday. (89 pts.)

Thanks for the tasting notes, Paul!

These sound absolutely delicious!

Just had the riesling K this evening from my BerserkerDay stash with ham and twice-baked potatoes. I liked it. Reminded me of a Rheingau kabinett, with a bit of an oily character, and with vibrant acidity. I’ve saved some for tomorrow as well.

Hi Jim, This was my first “K”. I can’t recall drinking a Kabinett from the Rheingau, though it’s quite possible. Typically I get mine from the Pfalz, Nahe, Mosel or Saar. I guess I was reminded of a weird but good mix of Pfalz and Saar!
And Drew, you’re welcome!

Just lovely wines. I missed last years BD window, so bought a mixed case from Vinopolis and have a few left. Need to drive out and pick up this years BD wines soon. [cheers.gif]