TN: 2014 Vincent Pinot Noir Zenith Vineyard

Long story short, I screwed up and Vincent was great. Ultimately, I asked if he’d just load up a case of anything he makes and send it my way. Bam! This was the first bottle in the case and it’s terrific. The rest is a mix of Gamay, chardonnay, and some killer Pinot. Can’t wait.

• 2014 Vincent Pinot Noir Zenith Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Eola - Amity Hills (3/31/2018)
    Medium plus depth of color, deep garnet. A little moss, menthol, and dark cherry aromas. Ripe dark fruit with a strong forest floor note. Light wood spice and medium acid. Great wine.

Posted from CellarTracker

I’m looking forward to trying some of this. I seem to like the flavor profile of the Zenith vineyard. Had the 2012 St. Innocent version the other night and it was singing on day 2. I think I’ve got the 2014 Vincent lined up for 2020, but now you make me want to try it sooner.

Brig,
Your note pretty much sums it up! I opened one a month ago trying to proselytize my sister who lives in Beaverton. I also opened the Bjornson Gamay, which really wowed her and her husband.

Brig, glad you liked it. Thanks again for all the work on a BerserkerDay!! You too Frenchie!

Paul, that Bjornson Gamay is one of my best efforts IMHO. Super stoked about what’s in barrel (and puncheon!) from 2017. Tell your sister to contact me if she would like a tasting appt.

+1 on the Bjornson Gamay, really great wine.

Okay… Now I’m getting excited. Had bad cheap French Gamay before so looking forward to it.

I’ll get to the Gamay and chardonnay soon and post a note back here. I have a case so don’t mind pobega a few for the team.

How’s the '14 Armstrong drinking? Thinking of opening a bottle with friends soonish.

The ‘14 Armstrong is another favorite (it’s true!). There’s an iron quality in that one, should age for many years but now 2.5 years in bottle you can definitely check in on it.

This got the old “honey how many bottles of this do we have left?”

Ugh, have one chardonnay left…

• 2016 Vincent Chardonnay Ribbon Ridge - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (4/9/2018)
    I like the two previous tasting notes as they describe the same wine yet accurately emphasize aspects from their own palate preferences.

The wine is very good. Young? Maybe if you prefer a fleshed out mouthfeel and rounded fruit. Right now there’s a solid acid backbone and pear and stone fruit.

Regardless of your pate there’s something for everyone.

Posted from CellarTracker