TN: 2013 Big Table Farm Chardonnay (USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley)

First time on BTF for me. I enjoyed it.

• 2013 Big Table Farm Chardonnay - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (3/25/2018)
    Clear-ish light gold color. Smells of butterscotch and almond and white fruit. Very appealing. Rich, but balanced, it shows full buttery texture, but a fine acid streak that provides structure and lift. Long, saline-spiked finish that makes the mouth water. Feels like a young Chablis. Good depth and verve. Very fine. Glad to have more.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the note - I just dug a few of these up and wasn’t sure whether to check in on one yet. I’ve enjoyed what I’ve had from BTF in the past, including their pinot and rosé.

Their chardonnays are the standout for me - agree with your description and would add that I get some of the same matchstick note that I also find in some Goodfellow bottlings, which I really enjoy.

The folks at BTF also seem like great people and have a very cool tasting setup (essentially their home, a working farm, complete with a friendly welcome goat).

Thanks, Tim.
I hear all good stuff about their operation and the farm looks great. I posted on this wine on social media and Clare was quick to reach out with thanks. Good people.

Huge fan of their wines. Thanks for posting the note.

OR Chardonnay has really much such great strides over the last decade, yet another one I need to try someday soon, thanks for the note Dennis.

This seems to be the going word. This was my first. I really don’t drink much of anything from Oregon.
Heard good things on this one and glad I took a shot. Cheers.

Two Words for you Mr. Atick: Walter Scott.

You’ll thank me later.

[thumbs-up.gif]

Chas. and Dan did a very good two part Wine is serious Business podcast with Ken & Erica that is a must watch. I gets better after they are into several glasses. [cheers.gif]

Thanks Dennis…

I found mostly high quality wines overall during my week in Hillsboro last November. Out of nearly 50 tasted, these were my top Oregon Chardonnay from volume 6.3 (The scale indicates the difference in scores given relative to the lowest scores of the best.)

+2
2015 Evening Land Seven Springs
2015 Flaneur X-Novo

+1
2015 Evening Land La Source

2015 Evening Land Summum
2014 Brittan
2015 Goodfellow Durant
2015 Goodfellow Whistling Ridge
2015 Big Table Farm Honey Bee

Thanks for this, Sean. Will check it out.

Keep hearing things about Goodfellow, too. Thanks, Doug.

I’ve enjoyed a couple bottles of this wine. It was popping with fruit early (2016) and had that mineral salinity and perfectly integrated acid. The second bottle a few months ago was similar but the fruit had grown more reserved. Wish I had more.