Feature on CellarTracker (Restaurant Style Wine List)

Has anyone seen the new CellarTracker feature called the Restaurant Style Wine List? Seems like a neat report you can print out and hand to your guests to help you pick some wine to drink out of the cellar for dinner. Seems as though it’s not available on the website but it’s included on my iPhone app.

Been around since about the beginning of CT, one of the first reports you could easily print.

I used to use it as my hard copy in the cellar, now I just use an iPad.

I very much wish it were a bit more customizable and that you could print reports the same way. But it has been there st least for the last 5 years…

Added in December of 2004…

Here was my original post at the time: v 2.5.0 release notes

Been there for a while (thank you Eric). I used it several times to prepare customized wine lists for tastings (add the wines to a wish list and then you can print them all into one ‘restaurant menu’) [cheers.gif]

My apologies I did a very lazy thread search. I don’t see the option on the website but recently saw it on the iPhone app.

Funny how that goes: Printing Restaurant-Style Wine Lists - CellarTracker Support

We did expose this somewhat recently in the mobile site/app, but as noted it goes back to within 6 months of the dawn of CellarTracker.

I was going to chime in that it has been around for a while…

I will say that I find it the most impressive way to print out my cellar – particularly nice if you want to offer a dinner guest some options for the upcoming dinner.

Just another reason I voluntarily pay for CT – no, I was not asked to make this plug. It is a really great service, and I have no problem contributing to it.

i wasn’t aware of this feature either but it is very cool! thanks for posting even if it has been around for a while

I use it all the time. Whenever I am taking someone out to dinner at a BYO, I ask them what they want me to bring and when they say “what do you have,” I have been known to email my entire list and say “pick something.”

If you guys didn’t already know I’m a weirdo, here we go… I have a way-too-convoluted system using some scripts and an InDesign template to make a nice printable list from a CSV export from CT. It was a lot of work to set up (mostly the scripting part) and I don’t really recommend it, but I wanted more control over the typography and layout than I could easily get with the default list.

I like keeping a printed copy around the house. It’s always out of date, but it’s still fun to have. I had a custom wood cover made for it (from my design — I sent him the file and he engraved it on the wood): Infused Motif, LLC on Instagram: "@infusedmotif - #creating #wood #portfolios #albums & #bistro #tavern #barmenu #woodproducts #wooddesigns #pdx #portland #oregon #ptown #bend #pnw #cocktail #tavern #barmenu #vino #fixtures #displays #merchandising #branding #fidm #artinstitute #Ai #design #graphicdesign #wedding #interiordesign #photography"

Its easily one of my favorite features, gotta love it. Its easy to find on Mobile, on the web its a few more clicks. It should be made a main link under reports unless I missed something.

Yes, Rich, I agree it should be in reports.

I wish I could save it as a pdf file.

If you’re using Windows 10, there’s a built-in printer called “Microsoft Print to PDF”. There are other tools out there such as CutePDF if you need a 3rd party PDF creator and also displays as a printer in your OS. It doesn’t support Mac, however, but I’m sure there are other 3rd party products that support that OS.

On Mac you don’t need a third-party product. There’s a dropdown in the normal OS print dialog labeled “PDF” that lets you save anything as a PDF.

It is ONE click away on every single screen under the QUICK LINKS menu item.

I also just added a link to reports.

Yes, It certainly looks classy

Print to Cute PDF and it will create a PDF, which you can save.

Thanks Eric, and I stand corrected. I just honestly never connected “Print List and Labels” with “Restaurant Style Wine List”. I typically viewed it on the mobile app with its more verbose label/link versus your main site where I fumbled with it more infrequently and perhaps[most likely] under the influence [shocker].

Appreciate the link though. Can’t miss it now.