TN: LaClarine petite manseng '16....(short/boring)

Since the LaClarine Albarino made such a dramatic turn-around, I decided to pull the PetiteManseng:

1. LaClarine Farm PetitManseng SierraFoothills WW (13%; U/U) 2016: Golden/burnished bronze color; strong apple cider/rotted apples some skin-contact/phenolic slight stony/chalky/PM bit herbal/new mown hay slight floral rather strange nose; very tart/acid/bit grapefruity/screecht some rotted apples/spoiled apple cideer fairly rich/lush light phenolic/resiny rather strange flavor w/ little PM/stony character; fairly long quite tart/tangy/grapefruity rather overripe/rotted apples/spoiled apple ciders light phenolic/slin-contact/resiny bit apple pie/baked apples finish; a rather strange rotted apples w/ little PM/stony character. $30.00

A wee BloodyPulpit:

1. My TN from Oct of last Fall:

Unlike the Albarino, this doesn’t seem to have evolved much in the intervening 5 months. It reminded me a lot when I was little (which was not that long ago) of the rotted apple character I would get when, in the springtime, I’d go out in the yard and wade around in my bare feet in the leaves and would step on some rotted apples that had overwintered out there under the snow and this dark brown pulp would ooze up between my toes, mixing w/ my usual toe jam. This PM had much the same taste as I would get back then. Will retry next Fall when the apples start coming in.
Tom

This is the grossest visual I’ve gotten on this forum. Maybe I just haven’t been around long enough, but… yuck.

That’s part of being a kid, Scott…the grosser the better. [snort.gif]
Tom