Blind tasting of the NRA Wine Club offerings

I kid you not. The NRA has a wine club (click here).

And it turns out you don’t even need to be an NRA member to join the club. A guy named Michael Alberty signed up and then rounded up some Willamette Valley winemakers to taste the wines blindly, and wrote it up for Willamette Week.

What were the wines like, you ask? Alberty wasn’t too keen on the 2015 Lodi Chardonnay from Iron Rock Cellars:

This chardonnay tasted like someone took cashews they found between the sofa cushions and threw them into a blender with cotton candy, quinine water, blood meal and cocoa butter. If you enjoy the taste of rancid butter, meet your new house wine. The winemakers said they’d pay someone to take it away.

I’ll let you read the rest for yourself at the Willamette Week link above. (Note: When the winemakers learned the source of the wines, they asked that their names not appear in print.)

But wait! There’s a bonus: Vinesse, the company that operates the wine club for the NRA, offers a thought-provoking discussion on its website of wine pairings for Girl Scout cookies.

If ever there were a topic that’s ripe for a Berserkers thread!

I couldn’t make this up if I tried.

your link for Willamette is not working

Works for me clicking on the post above.

Wine and guns. What could go wrong?

No kidding. What happens when some NRA guy comes back and decides he doesn’t like his chardonnay to taste like rancid butter.

“A guy named Michael Alberty” has been kicking around the wine scene and various wine boards for a decade or three now. If he says it tastes like rancid butter, and Wayne LaP says it’s great, I’m going with Mike.

“Hold my wine”

It’s a plot by the NRA to wean god fearin’ mens & wimmens off that sissy libtard wine stuff and back to beer where they belong. [snort.gif]

As usual comments are good.

I’m just trying to picture someone coming home from an exhausting day hunting deer with an AR-14 and saying, “Mmm! Love me some chardonnay!”

Google “Duck Dynasty Chardonnay!”

Mike Alberty is about as ‘checked out’ and intelligent and aware of wine as anyone on this board. Top notch human being and lover of wine. If he says the wine sucks, it does.

A classic case of “doing too much”

After reading the thread title, I thought this was going to be about blindfolding people and shooting [offing] them.

on their tasting notes they use the words “flinty” and “smokey” a lot

Wine bottles make good targets

Sweet, the club membership gift is a 6-piece wine tote, perfect for carrying your concealed weapon to a taste-off.

This wine comes in April:

http://broncowine.com/product/masked-rider-winery-gunsmoke-red/

Fantastic, Michael - well done!!!

My favorite: "I liked this better, but that’s like saying Bruce Willis is a better singer than Steven Seagal. "

FIFY;
e coffee. A full round of flavor with a

ROFL… Now all we need is pics of a dirty toilet and this one has serious potential.

[worship.gif]

Wines don’t kill people…

Oh. Maybe these ones do.