Attending Family Winemakers of CA Tasting in Pasadena, CA?

Is anyone else planning to attend the Family Winemakers of California tasting in Pasadena, CA this Saturday? I’ve never been to one of their events but I like the idea of an organization to promote small winemakers in the state. Tickets are not expensive. We will be there for early access and the main tasting and it would be great to say hello if others from the board are there.

Wish I could go, but alas, family obligations.

I’ll be attending - probably be hanging around the Tablas Creek table with a plastic spit cup in hand…

Please note that these are ‘family wineries’ in name only. There are some very large wineries pouring at this tasting - as well as tons of smaller ones.

It is a HUGE tasting - best to look at the list of wineries in advance and plan out your day - or you will NEVER get around to taste the stuff you really want to.

And I gotta say that I like Paul’s style :slight_smile:

Cheers!

I’ll be there pouring at the Zaca Mesa table with our winemaker, Kristin. I’m bringing our 2014 Estrella Clone Syrah and our 2014 Chapel G Block Syrah among others, come by and check it out!

To Larry’s point, I saw Stonestreet (KJ-owned) pouring last year. ZM is still family-owned and scaling down in size (heading to less than 25k cases and likely a little smaller over the next few years), we’re on the larger size for the tasting but there are a few that are much larger than us.

I’ve poured at the event twice over the last few years. It’s large and expansive and from a pouring standpoint very well-organized and run.

Hope you enjoy!

Matt - thanks for chiming in. I missed your post before we left on Saturday morning and never made it to your table.

For those considering a future event, it was a really nicely run tasting. We had a chance to speak and taste with a number of new (to us) winemakers and found a few nice wines as well. The location at the Pasadena Convention Center offered plenty of space and the event did not seem overcrowded as many large tastings do. I would recommend it for those interested in tasting with some interesting off-the-beaten-path producers.

I attended and will work on my notes.

Bruce

was there yesterday and notice it was much smaller than any other years…only 4 rows of tables…still tons of wine to taste.