2015 Allemand - prices

Is this really going to be the going prices for 2015’s?

Chaillot - $250
Reynard - $270

[head-bang.gif] [head-bang.gif]

Yes.

Probably even more in most other locales.

Was eagerly awaiting the offer. :slight_smile:

Hit delete when it arrived :angry:

Yow. I picked up a couple of bottles of the 2012 for $150 last year (reluctantly, as I’d seen them at $129 and not pulled the trigger) and now… Yow. If the wine-searcher data is right, last summer his prices got driven up on pretty much all vintages. What happened?

Haven’t had them, but comparable to highest end US syrah - maybe that is the problem

fu?

Doesn’t Charlie get these for $100 per?

Then if everything is that screwed up, I need an invite to the fu-bar.

Greg’s pricing on “hot” items that haven’t been released yet and have no wine searcher hits are typically high. I think Kermit retail was about 15% lower to their select client list. Their retail tends to be 15-20% higher than regular pricing.

We’ll see what it ends up at. But one major retailer that buys a lot of allemand told me they passed on the initial offer they received at $200+ a btl. So I’m guessing it’ll be near that price opposed to 270+ for the reynard.

A decent amount of the stuff gets around.

I wouldn’t pay $200 for the chaillot in any lifetime. Reynard on the other hand O_O.

2015 vintage anticipation. It’s not Allemand alone. Jamet is having the same issue as well as some of the other really hot/hip producers like Gonon.

Same.

and

Same.

These prices can go eff themselves.

Gosh I’m glad I am done buying wine, sorta kinda.

Bought some from a European retailer a couple of months back. They were offered at eur 125 for the Reynard and eur 110 for the chaillot (both prices are ex-VAT). That’s from a retailer that’s known to be making rather generous mark-ups. So there would have to be a lot of profit in the supply chain for it to retail at USD 250 in the US…

Yup, that’s the name of the game in the US for these wines. Even Jamet 2015 is close to USD200 here, as per Winesearcher. I haven’t bought since vintage 2010, but somehow I’m still in a European merchant’s email list and yesterday just emailed me their Jamet 2015 C-R prices at Euro89 and Euro190, for 750 and 1.5L respectively. I actually thought that these prices are still high and that there are other European merchants who would sell for less. I’ve blindly deleted some of their recent emails and not sure if they’ve gotten around to selling their Allemand yet.

Sadly, I am out, too. I was able through the past years to buy and accumulate some bottles but at these prices, I’m done. I’d rather reallocate that money on champagne anyway, and at 51 years old, I am not enthusiastic anymore about buying new stuff and then seeing wisdom in waiting 10, 15 years for it to mature.

If I manage to find some over in Europe this year when I am there, I will drag some home with me.

ouch.

i guess ill just drink charlie’s.

[cheers.gif]

I’m out.

Wonderful wines, but there are lots of high quality Northern Rhone wines at sub-$100. Heck, I paid sub-$50 for Gonon, sub-$75 for Juge, around $65 for Levet and I think around $75 for Benetiere. Lots of other very strong 2015s for far far less.

Heck, I can get the stunning '98 Jamet for less than that.

What is the price of the Sans Soufre?

Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Sans Soufre to be $400+ easily.

[quote=“Robert Alfert, Jr.”]I’m out.

Wonderful wines, but there are lots of high quality Northern Rhone wines at sub-$100. Heck, I paid sub-$50 for Gonon, sub-$75 for Juge, around $65 for Levet and I think around $75 for Benetiere. Lots of other very strong 2015s for far far less.

Heck, I can get the stunning '98 Jamet for less than that./quote]

You have bought 2015 Gonon for less than $50/bottle??

there’s no sans soufre