What is Your Fantasy Four-Top BYOB

Everyone who plays golf has been asked this question, so what is your fantasy four top for a meal, what restaurant, and what wine do you bring to impress your new friends?

To clarify for some below. You and 3 guests, preferably living as I don’t believe zombies eat. A restaurant you’d want to be at and the BYOB wine you’d bring.

Lebron James, Jay-Z, Melo.

Magnum of dujac clos de la Roche.

Funny, I was thinking Lebron too after that NBA article.

Think I’m dining with Tiger, Thierry Henry and Jordan.

Mag of vintage 1988 Krug to kick off festivities.

Tom Waits, Wayne Gretzky, and Bruce Campbell.

Paley’s Place

Lallement bubbles to greet, Muller-Catoir with apps, 2014 Dauvissat with oysters, 90 Krug Clos de Mesnil as a palate cleanser, Rousseau Chambertin-Clos de Beze and Robert Michel Cornas with dinner. Maybe 1932 Sercial for dessert…

Nice Marcus.

Lots of interesting combos, look forward to hearing more.

Richard Feynman, Bill Russell, Buzz Aldrin. Some diner with great burgers. 78 Chave and 99 Roulot Perrieres.

Tom Hardy, Jack White and Larry David

Kate McKinnon, Rebel Wilson and Cate Blanchett

Please feel free to mix & match

La Colombe, Constantia SA

Hard to go wrong with Rousseau Chambertin…kinda all I crave these days

Corey, Robert and Haruki Murakami. Clos Rougeard and a bottle of Hibiki 30.

Donald Trump , Kim Jong Un, Hillary Clinton, and Gloria Steinem

Restaurant and wine choice irrelevant.

What is wrong with you people? Isn’t the correct answer Scarlett Johansson, Gal Gadot, Emma Stone and something high alcohol to get them drunk with.

Or for fun, Melania Trump, Stormy Daniels, Ivanka Trump, a lot of high alcohol wines and let them go at each other.

Do they have to be alive or is this hypothetical. And I’ll assume family is disallowed. Also assuming it’s a 5 top and I get to invite 4 guests.

Alive: JK Rowling, LeBron James, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Jancis Robinson
Cane Rosso, Dallas (wonderful wood fired pizzas)
1999 DRC RC, 1997 Harlan, 1989 Haut Brion, 1996 Krug

Fantasy: Hemingway, Churchill, JK Rowling, Jesus
3L 1988 Cuvee Winston Churchill, 20 carafes of water and an expectant eye at Jesus.
El Buli in its primest of primes.

Realistic Desire: Wife and three sons, Pecan Lodge in my backyard, 2 dogs running around, mag of 2002 Dom Ruinart BdB

I’m there.

As I’m sure you know, Murakami ran a jazz bar in Tokyo and often makes musical references in his works. I’d be happy if he picked the tunes that evening.

Seriously? Come on. And you only missed Women’s Day by a day.

Bill Watterson
Joan Didion
Quincy Jones
William Shatner

96 Salon

Three random virulent LeBron haters so we can heckle Fu’s table. And some 16% CA syrah to lubricate the affair

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who saw this post as a little too rapey for comfort.

Three good friends from back home; Bras; Selosse BdB 1993 from Magnum, followed by 1949 Haut Brion from Magnum, followed by La Tache 1962 from Magnum, followed by Yquem 1967 from Magnum.

Ed. I see OP said strangers. Haha, I assumed the fantasy was the wines not the people. The idea of having dinner with three strangers doesn’t really appeal to me and there’s no one alive that I’m really burning to meet, so I’d just stick the seats on Freecycle and see who showed up.

Robert Parker, Robert Callahan and Joe Dressner. We’ll eat sushi and everyone knows what to drink with that.

Todd French, Mark Squires and, oh, Ray Walker. I’m wearing a goalie mask

Churchill, robin williams, jennifer anniston
Steakhouse
DRC and 50 year Macallan