TN: 2015 Overnoy-Crinquand Ploussard

change the name to Overjoy and that’d be my assessment. The pale dilute color belies the aromatic intensity and the layers of flavor. Really enjoyable.
F78887CD-B26A-4619-8905-EF55DB8D98D5.jpeg
name corrected since I was reprimanded to do so.

Now you’re getting Disorderly!

The other Overnoy’s Ploussard is similarly delicious in 2015. A bit more mid-palate weight and sweet fruit than usual, but very enjoyable.

Getting to be a hipster alan. Overnoy? Cornas aged in concrete? What next?!?

aspiring to be you!

It would be much more Disorderly if it was a Pierre Overnoy (or at this point, Emmanuel Houillon). I think the subject line is misleading as the only connection between Overnoy-Crinquand and the more storied domaine is a distant family relationship. It is simply incorrect to refer to Overnoy-Crinquand as Overnoy.

^ correct. This is not the Overnoy-Houillon poulsard. That being said, 2015 Jura poulsard is inherently a very low yield vintage so likely what is out there and available is probably pretty tasty!

actually drank the overnoy houillon 15 and it was already oxidized. it was direct from the importer too

15 ganevat was a bit too much bubble gum for me, preferred the 14

Had this this been Overnoy-Houillon, he would have been Uberjoyed.

modified the name. I don’t know enough to know I had erred. Regardless, I had provided a picture of the label and it’s still a darn nice wine.

Well there it is at VIVC, Ploussard = Poulsard:
ploussard_poulsard.png

I take it back. You’re no longer on the road to being a hipster.

Apparently this is almost as bad as the time my friend sent me an email offering me Domaine Leflaive Montrachet through his distributor and when I said yes… it was The big O Leflaive :frowning:

well, I had my 15 minutes. But, hey, you saw the label . . .

If you can secure a bottle - Overnoy-Houillon is worth trying, Alan…the poulsard is to the Jura as Truchot is the Cote d’Or :slight_smile:. It is an amazing bottle of wine.

-mark

Alan I did the same thing with the 2010 O-C Savagnin. Haven’t cracked it yet.

Cheers,
Doug