News from Harry Karis? Did you also buy Pure 2015 from him?

In December 2016 Harry Karis proposed me some buy some Barroche Pure 2015 where he received some bottles from the domaine to support his new book project… So I bought and paid (the day itself) 73 bottles that he promised me to deliver in May 2017.

Since then I’ve had very little news from him (last email is 2 month ago)… and to my big surprise I contacted Laetitia from Barroche domain who only has 24 bottles reserved for him and the wine is sold out at domain… Further it seems that he has made the offer not only to me, but to at least 3 people in Belgium and one person in New York.

He has no official address that I know (he used the address of the Féderation in Chateauneuf but this is an office address…) and no reply from email (not even delivery receipt since 2 month…)

Could you contact me if you also bought Pure 2015 from Harry Karis so that we can share our information and decide together what are the next steps?

Shame this didn’t result in feedback. Met Harry in C9 by chance and already had his first book by then. Was looking forward to his Grenache release but decided not to back him as he seemed to be pushing family members rather than his project. Pls fill us in how this resolves/unfolds. Shame about your loss.

This is a bummer indeed as I really enjoyed Harry and his insight into the region.

With hospice du Rhone coming up shortly, perhaps he’ll be back in the States? For those from this board attending, perhaps you can plan on connecting with him there.

Cheers

Thanks Marc, Larry for your support!

To keep everybody updated… I send an email every 2 month to Harry… sometimes he replies… But I still haven’t seen any of the 73 promised bottles of Pure 2015, neither any refund…

Harry Karis is a mythomaniac. I revised his book on Châteauneuf-du-Pape and despite numerous reminders, he never paid me. I am far from the first person he has been dishonest with. He has covered his tracks well and is impossible to track down.

Harry is as friendly guy, but cannot be trusted. Of course, I regret that he has never paid me the money he owes me.

If anyone thinks I am making this up, I will be glad to send any number of e-mails to back up my allegation.

Best regards,
Alex R.

Mythomaniac! At least something comes from this.

A real shame. I didn’t buy any wine but did buy into the story. Too bad - he’d made a bit of a reputation for himself. Now he’s morphing into another Rudy. Or maybe he always was, I don’t know. But I hope not.

Another Rudy? I thought at least Rudy did deliver wines of some sort.

Someone recently started posting on his Facebook page for his book.

What’s the story? I bought his original book long ago, what was it, like ten years ago? I lost track of him after eBob went firewall.

Was just wondering what happened to his books…

Sounds like he’s taking the money and running on the Grenache book as well

I knew Harry back about 20+ years ago when he was BordeauxHarry on the BWE board before he became CdPHarry. He was a physician before he became wine obsessed. He was a blast to drink and travel with - did a tour of Bordeaux with him and others in 2005. Loved his CdP book, a labor of love.

Very sorry to hear that he seems to have turned and burned a bunch of bridges.

I’m still sending friendly reminder to Harry Karis every 2 month… But it is about 10 month I haven’t heard from him… Hope he is fine?

Do you know somebody in the same situation so that we can join forces?

I don’t know him, but my heart goes out to you in this…I thought that this deserves to be closer to the top of the forum.

Thanks for your support Kirk. Time is passing quickly… It is now about 15 month without news… Does somebody have news of Harry Karis?

73 bottles is a lot of expensive wine, and if you believe you are not his only victim, my guess is you will never hear from him again.

His website looking as it does, http://www.harrykaris.com/ - this guy is long gone.

His linkedin profile looks fairly current

https://www.linkedin.com/in/harry-karis-67b95338/

Sorry to hear this Philippe.