Gabriel Gold Glas

Received my shipment today…thanks Chris! First time with a Gabriel glass…use to Zalto Bord and Burg glasses…was shocked at how lite and delicate this glass is…and I thought the Zalto would crumble to dust if I sneezed…the Gabriel is even MORE delicate. But as with the Z, I know from experience, they are more durable than they seem to be! It’s smaller too than I thought it would be. Makes the Z Bord look like a giant. What a great feel to this glass…like holding a snowflake! Super sensitivity to the wine through the nose and mouth…I can’t wait to try a wonderful lacey Champagne in this!!!

champagne.gif

just a shade under a month on the delivery…I rock…ugh.

But, glad it is safe, sound, intact, being used and enjoyed. Yes, the weight throws most people and that’s after they have held a Zalto which makes their Reidel (sp?) feel like a jelly jar.

I asked my daughter…“you like my new glasses?” with the open box on the counter…she was SHOCKED that that’s what was in the box…because she had accidentally knocked the box off the counter, not knowing what was inside! Relieved…nothing broke! blush

Thanks again! [cheers.gif]

The stem really shines with bubbles.

I have the zalto burg, bord, and universal glasses. I love the ggg’s too. They do really shine with the bubbly!

bought a pair and enjoy them also. Champagne tomorrow!

Yeah, I’ve found them to be pretty durable. I use mine all the time, throw them in the dishwasher, and have knocked them over on the granite counter with no breakage. I have probably just jinxed myself.

I agree, they’re as durable as any good glass out there, even though they feel like you’re afraid to toast someone.

No problem at all through many cycles of the dishwasher too.

Love, love, love my GGGs.

The one purchase I forgot to make on BD. :angry:

I wish they were a little bigger, but otherwise, I love them.

Love these glasses, and they fit in my dishwasher (unlike the Zaltos). GGG is now my go-to for almost everything.

Great for white wines and sparkling, a bit to small for me for most red wines. I prefer Zalto Bord for reds.

Only glass I use now. For me it is the king of all universal glasses.

I bought two from Chris a while back and really like them. I’m relived, though, to read about their durability because, like it’s been posted, I am afraid of breaking them! My first exposure was with Seth Long in Portland as he poured his 2015s for me. He came with two new GGGs for the tasting and I was impressed enough to buy a pair.

I washed my GGG in the dishwasher the day I received them. Lost one before even taking a sip.

I have been reluctant to wash my GGGs in the dishwasher for fear of breaking them. I have, however, lost two with the manual dishwasher - i.e. me handwashing them! That glass can cut.
So may have to try the auto dishwasher next.

I had GGG for years now. I use them almost everyday, and hand wash them each night. Haven’t broken one yet.

Eh. I have been putting mine in the dishwasher for over a year and it’s been fine. I think as long as they are secure and there’s nothing that’s going to bump into them, it’s almost surely safer than doing it by hand. But to each their own.

I lost one in the dishwasher after a year of regular use. It wasn’t touching anything, just came out cracked from the rim downward. I wash them by hand now in the morning.