Blind night 2015 Wines-Roulot

I usually get to together with my wine friends ever few months. Kevin suggested blind night at his home. I supplied 9 bottles of 2015 white burgs. Of the eight friends, two have Advanced Sommelier designation from Court of Sommeliers, another is in the business. The rest of us, well…First flight were Meursault. Coche, Arnaud Ente, Roulot Charmes and Roulot Perrieres. Second PYCM Corton Charlemagne and Marc Jean Roulot Corton Charlemagne. Flight three was Leflaive Chevalier Montrachet, Jean Marc Roulot Chevalier Montrachet and PYCM Chevalier. Kevin might have posted notes in CT, under kstoddard, not sure. This post is more about my concern over some of the Roulot.
Charmes was great. Roulot Perreries corked. Flight 2, Jean Marc Roulot Corton Charlemagne corked. Flight 3 Jean Marc Roulot Chevalier Montrachet cored. I had also sent my friend Jeff Nowak a bottle of Jean Marc Roulot Corton Charlemagne for he and Jane. They opened today. corked. So, is it a bad batch of corks or something else. Waiting for a response from Kermit Lynch. Sadly, I have more in my cellar including mags of Jean Marc Roulot Corton Charlemagne. Curious if anyone else has opened 2015 Roulot’s. Update: They are trying to determine if it is from a certain batch of corks…
IMG_0645 (2).jpg
IMG_0646 (2).jpg

Wow, on the surface this appears very troubling. I have yet to receive my 2015 Roulots so I don’t have any experience to share. What were your and the groups impressions of the 2015s that weren’t corked? I was initially unimpressed with 2015 whites as simple, low acid early drinkers (H Boillot, PYCM SA’s and Thomas Morey), but subsequent tastings seemed to show the wines firming and gaining more complexity and interest.

I’ve had one 2015 Roulot Bourgogne Blanc. Not corked.

Both Jean Marc Roulot and Kermit Lynch have responded and are deeply concerned, the corks and bottle numbers were sent. We will see, hoping it was just a bad batch of corks.

The wines of the evening were the PYCM…just unbelieveable wines.

Great to hear. I thought the 2015 wines, when I tasted them at the new facility, were really terrific and I bought more than my usual.

Sorry to hear about all the cork issues with the Roulot and I hope Kermit follows through with the problem.

bourgogne blanc is under diam if i am not mistaken

Curious if there’s any update on this? I have a couple of Roulot '15 Tesson, and was thinking about adding a few more '15’s from him.

Dave , if you check cellar tracker , you will see more tasting notes on Roulot 2015 CC : corked . It must have been a bad batch .

There’s only two(JeffNowak, kstoddard) and those are the guys with Dave at the same tasting? Not an epidemic, so far, but what a heart breaking night!

Just echoing Philip’s question – was fortunate to get a nice allocation of '15 Roulots from Perrieres down to Bourgogne Blanc (which sounds like it doesn’t have the issue). Would love to know if Kermit or Roulot have provided an update on how widespread the issues might be or which bottlings are impacted.

Kevin Stoddard was at the tasting. Jeff Nowak and I are good friends. I had sent him a bottle for he and Jane, which was corked. Corks were sent, with bottle numbers and evaluated. Refund was issued for the bottles. I am thinking and hoping it was just a few bad corks…waiting to see if others have any issues (hopefully not).

Curious if anyone else has had issues with corked '15 Roulots? I had a '15 Bourgogne Blanc last night that was beautiful. I own some '15 Tessons and am about to purchase some '15 Vireuils. Any feedback from others about this would be appreciated.

Sorry to hear about this. Given the number of different wines that were corked, either you had fantastically bad luck, or Roulot did. Hoping it’s the former. Some cork producers are offering guaranteed taint free corks, which are more expensive of course…but seems like a worthwhile think for producers such as Roulot to consider.