Decant rec for River's Marie Cab

Since I’m new to these wines, what’s a good decant time for the 2015 Lore and Panek Cabernet? I ask as I’ll be opening one of them tonight (Not decided on which yet, hence asking for both).

I haven’t had the Lore so I can only speak for the Panek, but both of those are young pups. If you’re going to be drinking tonight I wouldn’t hesitate to have one already in the decanter now.

I popped a '15 Napa Valley a little bit ago and found them incredibly young. Big oak notes and monolithic. IF you must open one, I would decant it for as long as convenient for you.

Thanks. I’ll toss it in the decanter shortly.

I had a 2015 Lore two nights ago. About two hours in the Zalto, but it took another hour for it to fully round out and show the goods. Its tasty juice…

Looking at my CT notes from the Panek, I think its best to lay that down for another couple years.

Of all the 2015 RM’s, I found the Napa bottling to be most accessible and ready to rock…

Be sure to let us know the outcome! I have a couple Panek in the cellar, I’d be curious to know.

I’m laying my ‘15 Panek’s down for a few years, but will probably check in on the Napa bottling late this year alongside my last ‘11.

Great advice. RM Cabs need 5-7 yrs slumber at a minimum or a healthy decant. The NV can be drunk earlier. We had a ‘12 RM NV a few weeks ago that was badass after 60 min of air.

Had a 2013 Rivers-Marie Cabernet Sauvignon Calistoga back in December which drank extremely well. Decanted for two hours and it was singing.

Ended up with about an 8 hour decant. Was very good and the decant really helped from the small taste i had early on…100 points? No. I’ll get a note up tomorrow bit IMO the 2014 and 2015 William and Mary Cab was better.

And Scott I did really like the Calistoga I had right after getting it recently and thought it a very nice wine, especially given the price.

Big fan of William & Mary, even as young as the 2014 I drank was. If funds were tight it would be a tough call to choose between R-M and William & Mary.

Making that choice this year and for me it’s W&M

What’s the price point on W&M?

$110.

Since ground shipping is included it ends up being a good value for a great wine

Agreed!

Plus supporting a great project / guy / family

Posted my TN

Wills a solid dude. Wines are awesome too!

Agreed on both