Moving a wine fridge

Looking for advice on moving a wine fridge.

I’ll be unloading all my wine in the fridge to styro shippers for transport but my main concern is surrounding the unit itself.

Should I let unplug the unit and let it come to room temperature before moving? If so, how many days?
Also, upon setting it up in my new location, which is about 10 - 15 miles, do I let it rest for a couple days prior to plugging her back in?

Finally, should I expect any condensation or other water to escape after unplugging the unit and letting it sit?

I’m located in South Florida if that helps to consider ambient temperatures for the move and setting up/turning off.

First time I’ve had to do this and figured some here would have experience.

Thanks.

I’ve moved a lot. My door has a gasket all around. I have the original small strip of wood that they put on the side opposite the hinges. That’s because when they move it they’ll put the moving strap around and winch it really tightly and you don’t want the gasket damaged. Also on the back of mine is an evaporation grid - make sure they don’t damage that. On the bottom there’s a pan that collects condensation - make sure that’s not damaged too. Wrap up the cord and tie it to the unit so it doesn’t drag. You can’t do much about the condensor, so cross your fingers.

But my unit is like a fridge, with the back plate that cools. If you have one with a blower, it’s probably a bit easier.

In any event, you don’t need to worry about unplugging it in advance - you can do it the day you move. What you probably don’t want to do is leave it closed for a long time after it’s unplugged - that may end up with some sour smells. However, I moved across country and didn’t have a problem. I also moved locally a few times and didn’t have a problem.

Once you land it, adjust the legs so it’s level and they suggest letting it stand for a day before turning it on. Maybe that’s a good idea but again, it may not be the case with a blower unit - I really don’t know. What I do know is that it takes a day to sort through settling in anyway, so it’s never been a problem.

It’s not something I’d get too worked up about - it’s like moving a fridge basically. If yours has a nice finish, you’ll want them to wrap it well with moving blankets.

Good luck.

Aside from the above advice, take out the shelving for the move