Best Wine Documentaries

What is everyone’s favorite wine documentaries?

My top five:
A Year in Burgundy
A Year in Champagne
Sour Grapes
Mondovino
Somm(Obviously)

Sideways

Somm
Somm Into the Bottle
Sour Grapes
Uncorked

Back to fiction, A Good Year.

Red Obsession was interesting mainly about China and Bordeaux, and the groeing Chinese wine industry.

Hugh Johnson’s The Story of Wine. It was a companion to his book “Wine.” Several decades old now.

As a German Wine fan I love Leading Between The Vines

http://terrytheisemovie.com

Blood Into Wine was a fun movie if you also enjoy progressive rock music from the 90’s and 2000’s.

BTW, I think there was an older thread about this topic but I’m too lazy to look for it.

Thanks for sending this over, haven’t heard of this one before.

A Year in Port — part of the “Year In” series.

I thought it seemed like one long infomercial for the port houses featured. I think someone posted on here that the film was funded by the North American distributor.

I just watched Barolo Boys. Not bad, but not great either.

“Decanted” is a good one, in a similar form as the “A Year In _____ “ films, with a focus on Napa Valley. Some familiar faces in that one.

We have similar tastes in documentaries, those are my four favorites. I’m actually watching uncorked on Amazon right now, have the last two episodes to watch. I saw a Year in Burgundy and it was fine but not top flight. Thought the parts with Lalou Bize-Leroy and Perrot-Minot were fascinating, though.

Lettie Teague’s take on this:7 Wine Documentaries Worth Your Time - WSJ

Behind the pay wall :neutral_face:

I don’t know how to get the article without going through the WSJ. Sorry.

The two SOMM films,
Sour Grapes,
The three “A Year In…” films,
Back To Burgundy (March),
Three Days Of Glory (April)

I know that is not seven exactly

Just noticed that Mondovino’s full ten episodes are now available as Amazon Prime video. I had previously only seen the movie length version which I really enjoyed.

I just finished Uncorked. The only place I’ve seen it is on Amazon and it’s $2.99 per episode (6 episodes) but worth it. If you liked Somm you’ll love Uncorked.

I enjoyed somm ITTB better than somm

Decanted

Oz and James’s Big Wine Adventure; it’s a show rather than a documentary but love James May in it. Two season and a third on the UK