TN: Krug 166th Edition

Krug decided that Australia is not worthy of the 164 and 165 so we have jumped from the 163rd edition straight into the 166th. It is very good. The nose is quite floral and has the scent of citrus blossom, Arum lily, mint and some juniper berry. It has notes of biscuit, brioche and candied peel too. The palate has good intensity and there’s a line of tangy citrus acidity. It finishes with grapefruit cut and a big puff of chalk and possesses the usual Krug persistence. This is based on the 2010 vintage.

Thanks for the report. Bummer missing out on 164 and 165. I don’t know how they can get away with a stunt like that.

Life’s not fair.

Thanks for stating the obvious. Perhaps if the 166 sat on the shelves they would rethink their policy.

Shouldn’t a (former?) penal colony be thankful for any Krug at all? :stuck_out_tongue:

lol… David, you are talking about part of the U.S. as well.

Sorry to hear about the 164th Jeremy, but your 166th sounds wonderful. Cheers

damn, at this rate we will hear about 200 soon.

The 166 is here in 375ml format.

That grapefruit peel is what stood out for me too.

Perhaps we’ll experience a ‘Krug Rebellion’, much like the ‘Rum Rebellion’ of 1808?

I just ordered some 750’s from K&L, partly based upon Jeremy’s positive TN. Since Krug didn’t make any vintage 2010, I’m assuming more of the juice from Clos d’Ambonnay and Clos du Mesnil, and that which usually goes into the Vintage Brut went into the Edition 166eme.

Cheers,
Warren

"Tracy, Tracy was angry, a bad mood, a bad mood. I told her, “it’s an ill wind, there’s no Krug, there’s no Krug”…

Jeremy, hopefully you will get thet. Also, I think I am 0 for 3 for the 164th edition. My bottles have been unrewarding to say the least…

Can you elaborate on your take on the 164? I’m aware of one other here who was not impressed thinking that it is atypical for Krug.

Received an offer for magnums of the Krug 164 for $499.99. Looks like I can no longer afford (non-vintage) Champagne.

there’s a bottle of 164 resting in my cellar with your name on it.

they just released a ton of 160e too at the same price as all the other current releases. It’s tasting quite dericious.

Would the 160 eme be base vintage 2004?