2015 Di Costanzo, Farella Vineyard, Cabernet Sauvignon

Didn’t see this posted. Release is today. Really small crop size this year. Really good value at $95 per.

It is with great joy that we share this news: your 2015 Di Costanzo, Farella Vineyard, Cabernet Sauvignon shall be released shortly, with an email offering arriving to your inbox on Wednesday, February 7th at 9 AM PST. That email will provide a link to your account at http://www.MDCWines.com, and will permit you to access your allocation and place your desired order.

Please, take a moment to login now and update your account if needed, so that your billing and shipping details are current at the time your allocation is received.

More than in any other year, we strived to make the 2015 as great as it could be. It’s a tribute to our first-born son and his birth year, and to a truly beautiful vintage. We can’t wait to tell you all about it.

With gratitude and glad tidings,

Erin + Massimo Di Costanzo
Di Costanzo Wines

I have a couple 2013 and 2014’s in the locker, but I haven’t popped any of them. CT notes seem to point towards these being nowhere near ready. It’s tough for me to go really deep on a producer that I haven’t actually tried, but everything I’ve read about the winemaker and the style he’s aiming for appeals to me… I’ll probably do a wait and see on the 2015’s.

Eric - similar boat here. I have yet to open a bottle either though am optimistic given rather favorable responses here and elsewhere. Trying to scale back purchases this year, making this a tough call.

I have opened two of the 2013 Di Costanzo wines. The first one was shortly after release; the second was a Last Bottle purchase and tasted about 1 year later. (Massimo did indicate the Last Bottle sale was an error made by either a distributor or retailer.)

The first bottle was spectacular - all elegance. It reminded me of Dominus from the early 1990s (back when prices for Dominus were a little more affordable). Beautiful aromas and layers of flavor with some nice dusty notes on the finish.
The second bottle (Last Bottle) was slightly muted but you could still see the quality in the wine. Could have been storage/shipping issues or the wine had closed down.

The 2013 bottle makes me a believer and so will add some 2015s to the cellar.

In for a five pack + wish list of mag. Just like he owners it’s a birth year for us as well.

I’ve opened a ‘13 about a year ago as well. It was drinking well and believe it has a long life ahead of it.

I have been purchasing based on the positive press, and really enjoyed the '16 DI CO. But I wanted to try the flagship, so I opened a 2015 Farella, and wow! I decanted for an hour, but it took a few before it really showed. Restrained nose of wild red berries. Medium body, blackberry and black tea. Earthy, but with pure fruit. Dusty finish, with firm tannins and acidity providing a nice sense of tension in the finish. Classic style, built to age beautifully. Decant several hours or hold.

I opened a ‘14 Farella on Friday and was also impressed, as usual. Massimo makes a killer wine.