More 2015 Northern Rhone

[resizeableimage=800,530]https://image.ibb.co/btiReR/20180203_140608.jpg[/resizeableimage]
2015 Domaine Pichat, Côte Rôtie “Les Grandes Places” Incredible dark. The taste is multi-faceted even at this age. But you can sense there are a lot of layers not accessible.
2015 Domaine Pichat, Côte Rôtie “Champons” A muscular, but more one-dimensional Cote Rotie
2015 Jamet Cote Rotie. Wow this is awesome. Ripe and lush but with a lot of flavour underneath. Not as accessible as the 2014, but with a brilliant future. Unanimous wotn
2015 Franck Balthazar, Cornas"Sans Soufre Ajouté" A strange beast. Very enjoyable, but not very oldschool Cornas. Some like it some not. I really enjoy it
2015 Franck Balthazar, Cornas “Chaillot” Totally different. Very backward but with a great future
2015, Saint-Joseph, La Sensonne, Dom Coursodon. A lot of not integrated oak. A concentrated granitic juice that will be great after 10 years
2015, Saint-Joseph, Silice, Domaine Coursodon Too simple a wine in this company imo
2015, Saint-Joseph, Terroir de Granit, Domaine Guy Farge A surprise. Flesh bacon buttermilk and with great balance. Even much better next day. For sub 30$ it is a bargain.

Thanks for the notes. I’ve liked Guy Farge’s Saint-Joseph a lot. I’ll look out for the 2015.

Yea I’ve been waiting for that 2015 Jamet . . .

I bet it’s gonna hurt, too. Thanks for the first look.

I think the 2014 Jamet is a better offer, considering quality and price raise. Prices for 2015 are still fair, though

I just drank a 2015 Andre Francois Cote Rotie Le Peintre
It is a so satisfying to find these Cote Roties in the 50$ zone like Burgaud, Levet, Gerard etc etc
Much more value than 1er Cru Burgundies that nowadays cost around or more than 100$
2015 Le Peintre is a lovely floral 100% Syrah bottling with so many nuances. Great wine

Nice, never heard of Andre Francois.

How much air did you give the Jamet?

Seriously: the 2015 Jamet is (or will be) the better wine in the long run (than the 2014), but´14 is easier acsessable and quite enjoyable now …
and I enjoyed the “Fructus voluptas” ´14 even more …

Awesome… thanks for the note on the Jamet.

Good to hear. I’ve been considering going for some 2014 Jamet. I’ve tasted it and enjoyed it quite a bit. I know 2015 is a “great vintage” but I tend to lean toward finesse and elegance over power and 2015 seems to be a very “solar vintage”. That being said, it’d be hard to pass up some 2015 Jamet…it does greatly depend on the price though, as you said.

The 12 is ridiculously delicious right now if you’re looking for a young in

Thanks for the tip! I’ll see if I can find some.