WineBid - More Wines Available for Immediate Purchase?

I’ve noticed more and more wines are available for ‘immediate purchase’ and not via an auction - is that a new move for them? A more concerted effort for them?

Curious if others have noticed this as well.

Cheers!

I’ve seen that as well, and I’m guessing it’s related to WineBid launching/becoming (not sure how they’re structured) Peloton Imports a couple years ago, which I believe directly imports mostly European wines.

Makes sense that they would want to sell their own stuff as well…although the ones that come up in my searches/favorites are usually WAY overpriced compared to the bottles you can snag from them at auction.

I am actually seeing more current domestic releases on there - stuff like Tablas Creek’s recent releases - which I’m sure Peloton is not handling directly - or I could be wrong.

Cheers.

Huh, interesting. I would think that anything they offer via immediate sale would be because it’s through Peloton, but who knows.

Maybe someone here has sold wine though WB recently and can comment on whether or not they mentioned the option/possibility of ‘immediate purchase’

Yep noticed it as well. Thought it was a ploy to upsell on the backend of the auctions as in “do you want fries with that?”

They sent out a mailer that they just bought the TRU cellar and were offering it all at buy-now prices. That’s why it suddenly seems like a lot more fixed price stuff.

What is the TRU cellar? Toys R Us? :slight_smile:

Chicago restaurant

TRU was a high-end restaurant in Chicago that closed recently after being open for 20+ years.

They had a pretty dope wine list, too.

I didn’t pay much attention to it when I sent in my most recent consignment, but I think I did see this as a possibility, as an alternative to their auction format.

Gotcha. That definitely makes sense then - thanks for the feedback!