Champagne Warrior: awesome

Brad Baker is always a great source of info re Champagne on these pages, very forthcoming and helpful. Just subscribed to his online missive—each issue a treatise on Champagne with a wealth of info—well worth the entry charge. Count me as a huge fan.

I’ve quit my subscriptions to other wine journals, but want to bone up on bubbly. This will get me there pretty quickly.

Chapeau, Brad.

Big fan here as well Alan. Anyone know when the next publication will be available?

emailed Brad. Will post when I hear.

Alan:

Highly recommend Peter Liem’s book & maps on Champagne: https://www.amazon.com/Champagne-Boxed-Book-Map-Set/dp/1607748428/ , if you haven’t already read and internalized it.

-mark

Alan,
I agree; I get a lot of benefit from my subscription. I also like the fact Brad is willing to share his expertise here, and is always willing to answer questions regarding Champagne. He once helped me identify an old bottle I acquired at auction. Here’s a link to my earlier CW post.

I took a look at Champagne Warrior a couple of years ago. Ended up not subscribing to it only because I don’t drink enough Champagne, and not likely to anytime soon, to make it worth it.

But I think his work is great and well worth the money. If I ever want to take a deeper dive, Brad’s writing will be a key part of that.

Been on the fence for a while. Just signed up.

Thanks for the kind words on this thread.

As to the question of the next issue, it will be next month (February). I agree that I need to do a better job at getting a concrete schedule for the newsletter and I apologize to those who I know are frustrated by this. At one time it was much more routine with 4-5 issues per year spaced 2-3 months apart. As my family and job duties have grown (my main job is not Champagne), it has made time a more rare commodity. My problem to solve, but I will continue to publish the newsletter. Again, the next issue will be out in February. Feel free to email me with any questions or feedback.

Well, there’s your problem right there.

Love the newsletter; anxiously wanting new content.

I like Peter Liem a lot. I think he’s a fantastic writer. And obviously, his knowledge of champagne is literally encyclopedic.

Brad, too, is incredibly knowledgeable, but I strongly prefer Brad’s tasting notes, which I find to be consistent, useful, and interesting. Moreover, I appreciate that he appears to be stingy and rigorous with points. If Brad scores a wine in the 90s, you know that he thinks it’s truly outstanding, unlike some critics who seem to give everything 93 points.

Plus, Brad appears to be a very nice guy. He’s accessible, generous to a fault, and an indispensable resource here at WB. I’ve been bugging him to visit Chicago for years so we can have a Champagne Warrior subscriber event. I think I’m wearing him down.

Everytime I have exchanged comments with Brad, it was a real pleasure as all what he says is sensible, well thought.

Totally agree Alan. I`ve been a subscriber for a few years now and love the info. Brad takes me from the macro to the micro on all things champagne which is just what I was and still am looking for.

His editorial components on many of the threads herein are so much appreciated and tend to educate and inform beyond. We`re blessed to have him interject his pearls and depth off knowledge. And, I love that he puts family first [and his job].

I`m a big fan of the Champagne Warrior.