TN: 2013 Holdredge Pinot Noir Mazie Rose

Hey, John! You did it! You got an A!!! :slight_smile:

• 2013 Holdredge Pinot Noir Mazie Rose - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (1/21/2018)
    Beautiful wine, maybe my favorite Mazie Rose ever. Black cherry color. Gorgeous nose of black cherry, baking spice, flowers, and minerals. In the mouth, a rounded mouth feel that bursts forth with juicy black cherry fruit, buttressed by good acidity and spice notes. Long finish that smooths out and gives you the lingering impression of desire … for another sip. A

Posted from CellarTracker

The '09 was fabulous.

Worth writing an open letter?

Concur. This always seems to be my favorite bottling from John. Great expression.

My 2009 note:

It’s been 2 years since my last bottle, and boy, was I rewarded. Dark purple/lavender color. Slow-oxed for 90 minutes before drinking. Delicious > progressing to Yum, continuing on to Oh Boy! This was an elegant wine that was just a little chewy, in a good way. BBQ dinner.

If you’re sitting on a bottle, drink now and enjoy its sweet spot. (

From Cellartracker - Posted July 2014.

Below is my 2012 note.
Drank this at Bouchon in Yountville. Corkage is $25. On P’nP, I tasted spice. This is a mid/dark-color pinot, not the dark slutty type of Central Coast. I tasted cherries and another dark flavor that I couldn’t identify. At 60 minutes, there was a hint of liquorice + dark flavors that I still couldn’t put my finger on. At 90 minutes, the wine was opening up and smoothing out. This is delicious. No rush to drink.

Very nice! My notes from May 2016 when visiting with John.

"2013 Holdredge Mazie Rose Pinot Noir

828, 943, Pommard, 667, 777, 115, Calera clones. Some cedar here to go with a mix of red and black berry sniffs. Undulates some, an active nose. To taste, bounce but with good feel, some sweet pepper, cherry for sure, bit of smoke. With a sweet swirl on the aftertaste and some roundness, this is good wine too."

The Judgment Tree was my fave back then. :slight_smile:

I have an ‘11 and a ‘12, don’t tell me I waited too long.

You did not. Those are both drinking great.

Judgment Tree is so good, too, Mike!!