Upcoming Scarecrow Release

I got an email from Scarecrow telling me to update my address and information for the upcoming Scarecrow release in March 2018 in order to streamline the purchasing process. I have been on the waiting list since 2015. Does this mean that I am IN and going to get an allocation? Thanks

No, unfortunately.

the wait is much longer than 3 years. id assume 7+

It’s genius marketing, as they send that every year, and it makes the recipient THINK they are getting some, but that’s a separate letter that comes closer to release :wink:

Anyone know how Napa 2015 vintage/harvest fared? Small crop? Large crop? Bad/good/average weather?

Not so genius IMHO. Good to send a letter/e-mail so you keep your name in front of the customer, but leading them on, not so much.

Very small crop. My guess would be 30% less than 2014.

There won’t be much to go around unfortunately.

Been getting that same letter for about four years now, still no allocation.

Damn, four years. Oh we’ll, I guess I’ll just have to wait my turn. They just sent me another email saying the wait list is three years. I guess that’s a apart of the marketing strategy also. Too bad they don’t send you an email that says you did’nt make the cut like Sine Qua Non does.

Bunch of people should make the list for 2016. Abundant year for napa.

Got the mailer. Abundant vintage they claim. My allocation up to 9+1 from 6+1

Very good news!

What is the cost this year?

$350/btl. $1500/Mag.

Current release is 2015.

2013 = $300
2014 = $330
2015 = $350

not a great trend here.

Agreed, but this is still less than the secondary market price, and they will easily sell out, so kinda hard to argue that they should leave money on the table while the flippers/brokers capitalize.

agree but price on the mag at $1500 is way too high to even sell on secondary market. that is over 4x of 750ml rolleyes

There was an article that they did an interview back around 2005 where they said they never saw the need for the wine to cost more than $250/bottle. I wish I could find it…they make special wines. Not worth that price tag IMHO

History repeating itself. Anyone know if there’s a wait to get on the Bond/Harlan lists these days?