TN: 2014 Ramonet Chassagne Montrachet Clos du Cailleret

a new Jean-Claude Ramonet offering, I am told, it Is classic Ramonet with spearmint, citrus, white flowers, super acidity, endless length. Great density and balance, it’s a super addition to the stable.

Thanks for the note Alan. Glad you are feeling better and back to enjoying wine. I’ve been so impressed with 2014 white Burgs across the spectrum from village to GC. Sounds like this is another stellar 2014.

Thanks for the note. Just for clarification, is this chassagne or puligny? I have some 15 on its way and want to know if its the same wine (aside from vintage).

Whoops—Chassagne. Title changed. Thanks. Ha! Glad I didn’t say something stupid like “classic Puligny.”

Hah thanks! Glad to hear good things about the wine since it’s a new one.

Some of the Girardin vintages from this plot were quite good, probably his best white. Not surpised Ramonet is doing well with it.

-Al

Alan,

You should buy Ramonet’s 2015s.
I tasted them last November, and they were all terrific, from the Bouzeron to the Montrachet.
Atypical in that 2015 was a sunny / rich vintage, but that richness gives them an extra kick.

Khiem

I will take out a loan for it. Thanks

Alan,

Next time you’re in Paris, I will be happy to pour some for you.

Khiem

Certainly seems like 2015 whites generally are going to be better than early assumptions about the vintage suggested. Will be trying my first tastes next Wednesday.

June! Thanks. J’ai lu le chapitre de Ramonet de votre livre et j’ai besoin certainement de Ramonet 15s.

Alan,

PM ahead of time and we’ll try to link up.

I didn’t know your French was that good!
Did you like the rest of the book?
Jacques Seysses tells really funny stuff.

Khiem

votre livre m’intéresse beaucoup. J’anticipe chaque chapitre. Merci aussi pour l’invitation. J’ai fait une fois la connaissance de Mssr. Seysses—il y a longtemps.

Alan,

Je suis content que le livre vous plaise. Hopefully, I’ll land a US Publisher, and you can re-read it in English! The English version will be 15% longer–the French Publisher forced me to limit the length of the text so I had to cut a lot of stuff out.

Khiem