King Bruno G - RIP

A sad day in the Langhe - my hero has left us

RIP Bruno G - thanks for all the fantastic wines you’ve given us

Legend. Maestro. RIP

Truly sad to have lost another legend. Having a wine dinner tonight. May have to make a toast to him with a glass of red label. Here is an article in English:

Undoubtedly one of the most important people ever to grace the hills of the Langhe. He gave the world some of the greatest wines ever produced. May he rest in peace and bask in the joy he has given us all.

Such a sad day. What a loss. Rest in peace, Bruno.
2016-07-06_1516s.jpg
This photo is from my visit to the winery in 2016:
http://www.finewinegeek.com/tn/2016-07_Piedmont/2016-07-06d_Giacosa/

RIP. And thanks

A wonderful tribute from Jeremy Parzen:

This has not been a good year. Yesterday I hosted some friends, and we honored two of Bordeaux’ great owners who died recently, Robert Wilmers and Patrick Maroteaux of Haut Bailly and Branaire respectively. Many toasts and a few stories. Now this, perhaps the biggest loss of all.

Tonight I will open a bottle. It won’t be a red label, but one of his more humble whites, a 1996 Rabaja. And it will have all the hallmarks of the great Giacosas, understated power, complexity, perfume and balance.

Here is another article. RIP, Mr. Giacosa.

Thanks,
Ed

A sad day indeed. I’m sure many of us will be toasting to Bruno this evening. I surely will. For me, the greatest of all time. One day when my boys are much older and we crack a 2015 Barolo Falletto Le Rocche Riserva that was in this barrel, I’ll explain to them about the legend that made this wine. Thanks for all the wine memories Bruno. Rest in Peace.
IMG_2563.jpg

RIP to a legend. His legacy is unparalleled and will live on for generations thanks to the amazing wine he made.

Truly a legend. Our visit to the winery was one of my favorite tastings ever. RIP.

A sad day indeed. RIP, Bruno. Will open a bottle this weekend and toast your brilliance!

Funeral services for Bruno Giacosa will be held tomorrow at 3pm in Neive. I don’t know specifically where.

The passing of a giant. RIP.

A photo from the funeral taken at a respectful distance by one Mr. Klapp:
funeral_Klapps.jpg

Visited with Bruno in 2015. What a gracious man. He will be missed.