Turley is live.

Placed my order.

I can’t believe it but after a year of heavy duty drinking, I have hit the wall for Zin and Petite Sirah. I couldn’t finish the last Carlisle I opened and Turley Juvenile I cracked today went mostly into the braised short ribs I’m preparing. Jumped off both lists. Ready for a different flavor profile.

One year? What other “wine phases” have you gone through?

It actually went live on Friday, a few days early. I made sure to get some Mead Ranch, as same was sadly destroyed in the fires. Who knows if any will be available in the coming years.

I went through a similar phase. Never really went back to PS. There really are only a handful that you can drink young. The rest need years and even then, they are sort of one dimensional.
Zin on the other hand, I came back to. I realized there are few wines that can drink so complex young and old. You’ll be back someday.

Most of my List purchases end up in the locker for at least 2 or 3 years. I buy Turley to drink young (1 or 2 per year might escape near term consumption). Great young or with a few years.

I love Turley.
I have been buying for 10 years but have only had a few PS as I think they need 10 years at least to mature.
I drink the Zins young and frequently.
Having with beef ribs tonight.
Yummy
Thanks for the heads up on going live.

I went through 20-25 bottles of Zin and 15 or so of Petite Sirah last year is all and maybe blew out my palate for them for awhile. Just need to recalibrate. Have an assorted few cases of both left that will be fine being forgotten for a few years.

What is with the several day early open? In for two cases anyways

I like Turley but they are my number 4 or 5 zin producer so o keep skipping them. I’ll get back on the list someday.

This.

I’m open to sharing my allocation if someone is looking for one.

Who do you guys prefer for Zin? Carlisle?

Bedrock

Top 4 for me, in no particular order would be: Bedrock, Carlisle, Ridge and Scherrer. Turley rounds out the top 5 I think.

Sorry but Turley has become my favorite mostly due to two Vineyards, Dragon and Rattlesnake

Biale
Carlisle
Bedrock
Limerick Lane
Storybook

I just went in for the Dragon and Rattlesnake.

I need to get back to Turley to taste and load up with some bottles. The OVZ is always great QPR, IMO. I also love most of the line-up, but like others, my zin $$ has been going to some of the producers mentioned above. That needs to change, if only a bit.

Glad I saw this. The email gods were trying to save me some money by putting Turley emails into my spam folder.

In for a few Juvenile, Dragon, and Rattlesnake Ridge.

In regards to Turley being the 4-5th in line for Zins, that still means they are a good bottle. I like Ford’s the most, but it doesn’t mean I wouldn’t take a Corvette out for a spin once in a while. I just allocate bottle count and budget money accordingly.

TW

I ordered my usual…

Along with a bottle of Turley Sauvignon Blanc. First time I’ve been offered it, as best I can recall.

In fact, I don’t think I was aware Turley even made a sauvignon blanc, even though Cellar Tracker shows vintages back to the 1990s, albeit in small quantities.