TN: 08 Fèvre Valmur & 11 La Pousse d'Or Cd 60 Ouvrees

• 2008 Domaine William Fèvre Chablis Grand Cru Valmur - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis Grand Cru (1/21/2018)
    Clean, light color, open for business, proceed…Nose is dominated by green apple and tinsel, a whiff note of Chardonnay richness. Clean, precise and poised, the attack is at once muscular in its conveyance of mineral themed yum yums, and yet over came across as light on its feet. True Grand Cru drinking. The finish really slams the point home with some fresh oyster shell and other saline-esque components that made this such a wonderful beverage to pair with food. Most Excellent. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

2011 La Pousse d’Or Volnay 1er Cru Clos des 60 Ouvrees - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Volnay 1er Cru (1/21/2018)
Opened a good 4 hrs give or take. Even a Red Burg neophyte such as myself could immediately recognize the quality here, a floral perfumed nose with background notes of forest and pine resin, gained aromatic traction as the wine sat in the glass. While holding plenty in reserve, this delivered plenty to talk about, red fruited and rather masculine, yet always in control, lace like texture, I would be trilled to own this in my own cellar. (92 points)

Thanks for the note. Sounds quite good, and I’ll seek some out. We had the '09 earlier this week and it was delicious. Much as you describe but perhaps with more forward fruit. I think Pd’O is a good bargain, especially as other top end Volnay producers prices have soared.

A most difficult year for red wines in 2011. I love this wine too. Sexy wine. Thanks for this note.

Rich, 100% agree on price, certainly not cheap but the quality is there and justifies pulling the trigger. Heck, heck the 15 seems reasonable (I think I saw it under $100) - compared pre-release pricing of the likes such as Chevillon that had me doing a double take.