Tell me about Ramonet Clos du Cailleret

bought some 2014 Jean-Claude Ramonet Clos du Cailleret Monopole. Is this a new Ramonet holding? Tell me.

This holding was formerly part of the Domaine Vincent Girardin and is in fermage to Jean-Claude Ramonet, along with a parcel of Abbaye de Morgeot and Saint-Aubin En Remilly and Murgers des Dents du Chien. 2014 was the first vintage. I haven’t actually tried it but the 2014s as a set chez Ramonet are superb. Have an article about the domaine forthcoming in the January interim issue of TWA.

It’s not from Chartron?? I heard the Ramonet Chevalier was…

got 6 b of 2014. Might open one soon. $100/b seemed good these days. Thanks.

the Chevy is a Batard trade w Chartron. Price is now crazy so I buy Chartron and hope.

No, that’s the Clos du Cailleret in Puligny-Montrachet, this is from Chassagne.

But yes, the Chevalier is.

The Clos du Cailleret was bought by some Asian based investors with Ramonet contracted to make the wine. It’s superb, as are the two new St Abin.

I drank a 2000 Chevy yesterday. More often than not, it has underwhelmed relatively speaking, among his 4 GC but this bottle was absolutely singing. A beautiful colour, lovely racy palate. Better 24 hours later.

Value wise, it’s priced a fraction behind the Montrachet, which I suppose is due to rarity. I much prefer the BM and BBM at 60% the price or the Monty at €20 more