TN: 2013 Biggio Hamina Cellars Pinot Noir Noel Vineyard

• 2013 Biggio Hamina Cellars Pinot Noir Noel Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Chehalem Mountains (1/17/2018)
    Medium ruby with lilac nose. Dry, restrained, light acid and fruit with out being austere, having a good balance veering toward the AFWE spectrum. Raspberry, rhubarb, red currants and pomegranates along with forest notes of balsam, sorrel, finishing up with some chewy bright berry fruit and cane tannins. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice. Thanks for the note. I don’t recall tasting that bottling. Maybe from barrel. I did have a bottle of the Noel Family bottling. It was made at Todd’s place. Maybe by Todd?

Jason

I went down to belatedly pick up last year’s Berserker wines and picked up some close outs, the Noel being one of them. Money well spent. [cheers.gif]
I enjoy talking with winemakers about their wines, but then buy too much. But then I buy too much when not talking to winemakers. [snort.gif]

I made the Noel Family Vineyards, then bought fruit and now sharecrop with them. So from 2010-2017 it’s me regardless of packaging.

FYI I make Claygate, Gypsy Dancer and SchoneTal too. It’s entertaining as they are all different and you can see for true it’s no Todd show. Each client gets what they are looking to have in the wines.

And thanks Dennis, come by again so I can sell you some more stuff!

A couple nights later reserved and drinking well with a smooth mouth feel, some lightly tart dusty blackberry fruit with well integrated though bright mineral tannins. Not fruity, but the fruit is present and well balanced with the acid and tannins. No hurry to drink, just gets better with time.Up a few to 92 pts. My note does not really covey how much I like this wine. It’s not a mind blower, but perfect for my AFWE tastes. [cheers.gif]