Totally shilling.....

Is it spelled Schilling or Shilling… is there a bloody sock…

Full disclaimer I sell Bruno Paillard… I’m posting as I had a chance to drink these wines all day today and they are terrific.

Disclaimer #2, I liked these wines waaay before selling them now…

I don’t actually feel like I’m shilling if I’m not selling any of you wine on here and you can take my comments with a bias…

So on with the show…

NV Brut Cuvée- Its round with cut, clean aromatics, really precise. I like this house style of base champagne, round but with acid and salinity.

08’ Assemblage- Breezy, with lemon, orchard fruit, great acid and cut… has a good bump to it that gives it depth.

04’ Blanc de Blanc- muted nose with burnt oak, toasty in an odd way as you would have thought time would have absorbed it… good, but not really impressive…
#2- really opened with time, the burnt note left and it seemed restrained…Good tension…

99’ Non Plus Ultra-2 different bottles…

#1- throwing off a ton of truffle, mushroom in the nose, muted… orchard fruit and slate-acid on the palate… really opened up over time…

#2- I would say ‘much different’ but it’s not, it’s certainly different though… mushroom, pineapple, acid, dough, lemon, sugar…

Returning to it later in the night…
Bubbles now gone, Steele, lace, bitter orchard fruit, mango fruit, bees wax, iron and Steele on the palate with a long finish…

NV Rose- f*ck yeah… really floral cherry with strawberry and slate in the back ground. Rocking mouth feel with lemon, acid and melon…

Please be kind if you choose to slam my shilling, but these are rock solid wines and deserve a mention here…

I like the house , and thanks for the notes - shilling or not.

I had an old rosé for New Year’s, but I don’t think I’ve seen the producer in the local market in years. Who is the current importer?

NV Bruno Paillard Champagne Rosé Brut Première Cuvée - France, Champagne (1/1/2018)
Disgorged July 1998. Fantastic, a little nutty, some strawberry, it has aged beautifully. (93 pts.)
IMG_2934.JPG

“Salinity” alert!

Thanks for the notes, and no I don’t think you were either Kurt or Shilling

I think this is one of the issues with Bruno Paillard, they don’t have an importer, they directly import into each market so the availability is variable.

They had issues years ago with doing sales trips to the states and the wines would have sat in a warehouse for too long and wouldn’t be as fresh, so they started the DI program and the wines have shown a lot better…