Carlisle Incoming

I just received the mailing with the usual winter wines offered with one big exception. Mike is offering a “Piner-Olivet Ranches” Zinfandel, a blend of the Carlisle, Papera, and Montafi Ranch vineyards. Should be interesting to try, especially in a group with Zinfandels from the other three vineyards.

David

Oh boy, so much for self-control. 30 bottles like that.

Trying to buy just a case. This is like impossible calculus to solve.

I was going to pass on Carlisle in light of Saxum, Rivers Marie, Berserker Day, etc all happening at once, but then I saw that wine. Bought all the Piner Olivet offered and added a couple Pagani as well.

What happened to SC Zin? How can I keep my 3-4 btl/mo Carlisle average w/o it?

The Mancini has a pH of 3.33? Wowza!

Space and $$ are forcing only a 6er. CP white, LL, and the new POR is what I’ll end up with, I think.

It was really tough but I had to hold myself to a case and a half. I love the wines but already have a couple of hundred Carlisle bottles sitting in the cellar.

Solved that by going to 15 bottles, they can do this size case

I have not been loving the whites, finding them flabby and hot, but I’m encouraged by the lower pH for both (and lower alcohol for CP) vs 2015.

Yikes what a rough week. My first Rivers Brown release, a little Outpost cab, and now 2 cases of Carlisle. Still Turley, Bedrock, Jeff Cohn to follow before Winter mailing list season ends. Hopefully, no new waitlists come through between now and then.

Looks like AG posted Carlisle reviews yesterday too.

I am sticking to my plan of dropping off some lists with lower pricing and going to a bit of the higher end stuff. I have too many bottles and always buy a lot of Carlisle but the money saved here can give me a couple bottles of another list that I favor more. I am being strong, I am being strong, I am being strong…resist, resist, resist

Tough decision but has to be done or my wife might scream at me!! haha!!

Joe, who are you cheating on Carlisle with? :wink:

Geez…these wines look REALLY REALLY good. I’m trying to cut back, and then I made the mistake of drinking a 2014 Papa’s Block Syrah back in November that just blew me away (95 pts). Just bought '16 Leoville Barton futures last night…must stay strong. But…I…can’t…wines calling me with their siren song…[sigh]

Order in.

Interesting. I absolutely love the whites and find them exactly the opposite, and probbaly my favorite domestic whites produced (Compagni-Portis and Derivitive). Are you drinking them straight off the truck or something??

Anyway, I held strong and stayed with a very small purchase. Definitley excited about that new Piner-Olivet blend!

Like Rich, I love both the CP (from Bedrock, too) and the Derivative. I’m not a big fan of GV as a variety so I haven’t had that one.

Blankiet, EMH, Corison to name a few. Going to drop Bedrock and maybe Myriad too with the next offer as well. Great wines just changing direction a bit [cheers.gif]

Can’t argue with those choices. I love Cathy’s wines and I think the value remains strong there.

just sucks because I like the people and the wines, so never an easy choice.
At least if someone is on the waiting list they move up a spot!!

Maybe I will pop a Carlisle tonight for the fun of it!!